Other hosting? than Upcloud/AWS. Recommendations?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Other hosting? than Upcloud/AWS. Recommendations?

Post by Jaymer »

Since the Slow Email issue never got solved on Upcloud, does anyone recommend any other US hosting services?

Are there any infrastructure advantages using AWS over Upcloud? I know its more expensive, but don't know what benefits that comes with.

thx
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
customaware

Re: Other hosting? than Upcloud/AWS. Recommendations?

Post by customaware »

Got around the slow email issue with an email stack which sends the email in the background.

Works great
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I’m doing that already. I have a queue that I can insert outgoing emails into very quickly, but they still trickle out.
I sent a letter to upcloud ceo and their cto/founder and I’ll see if that gets any traction.
Hopefully there’s some other alternatives.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

I use AWS. It is rock solid, and feature packed. I have an AWS guru guy who is a wizard at setting everything up, including security.

Dave
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Got this letter from Upcloud CEO:

Last msg to CEO:
Hi
Any updates?
You make it sound like y’all have found the problem - since you shortened the delay.
Why does Upcloud have this issue when others do not?

Reply:
unfortunately no updates yet, we have not done any changes since. We unfortunately do not have any visibility into others’ systems so we cannot understand this difference either at this point. But let me get back to you if we find anything of material importance related to this.

:roll:

Jaymer