Phone Gap PDF Files

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
lachlan_so

Phone Gap PDF Files

Post by lachlan_so »

Hi everyone!

I have been working on an app using the Phone Gap integration that Aware IM has in it. I have run into an issue however. I can't seem to open PDF or HTML files when the app is launched natively. I can view the files on Android currently but on the iPad and iPhone I have available to me, I just can't get the files to open.

On Android I just tap the button in the custom query, it loads for a moment then opens the PDF and HTML files inside the selected reader. On iOS, it does the exact same thing but instead of opening the file, it just goes back to the query as if it didn't do anything.

I have found people suggesting implementing a Cordova File Viewer Plugin for what appear to be similar issues but this solution seems to be for people running the actual Phone Gap development tool and I'm not sure that I am able to change the code that runs when opening something to use what the plugin supplies.

Does anyone happen to have any insight into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!