Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by ACDC »

Add support for OnlyOffice in the same way or similar as Viewing and Editing in Zoho docs has been implemented. This will allow a developer to set up their own OnlyOffice (community version) document editing server where full editing and creation of WORD, EXCEL, PP can take place

Not only does this bring new reporting and document dynamics into AwareIM, but security around creation and editing of Word documents are in the hands of the developer and one does not have to rely on a third party for strategic processes that involves document creation and editing

NOTE: (justification)
Furthemore having this feature built into AwareIm will expose AwareIM to the Only Office Community and all it its subscribers. This will result in increased awareness of AwareIM and more developers coming on board. Currently there are plugins that exist in Only Office for other platforms such as Sharepoint,Alfresco,OwnCloud,NextCloud,Liferay. Implementing an Only Office feature similar to the ZOHO feature should be easy enough

So having this functionality inside AwareIM where a developer has the choice to run their own community server or subscribe to other Only Office paid offerings should become a high priority and strategy in the name of Awareness and gaining more developers and end users on board.

General Info
https://www.onlyoffice.com/office-suite.aspx

Editor comparisons with other players
https://www.onlyoffice.com/document-edi ... rison.aspx

Edition comparisons
https://www.onlyoffice.com/compare-editions.aspx
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If you want to do it dynamically, you probably need to leave rules alone and implement it using a Javascript. This should be really easy to do, if you know the API (which is documented, I think).

I cannot see how this can be done using rules.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

If you want to do it dynamically, you probably need to leave rules alone and implement it using a Javascript. This should be really easy to do, if you know the API (which is documented, I think).

I cannot see how this can be done using rules.
I don't understand, how can a Document attribute be setup to be directed to another server?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Sorry, this was a reply to a different issue - one before yours.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Oh I see , thanks :)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

Plus it'd be impossible you wanted to do like 4-5 little notifications as they work through a form, like a sort of wizard helper, it'd just be a big info dump when they hit save at the end.
On second thoughts, this might be possible if we allow DISPLAY MESSAGE to be used in rules of an object, but only if rules are dynamic and are not executed on a server (only on a client) -
Aware IM Support Team
PointsWell

Create Placeholder Sub Processes

Post by PointsWell »

When I am creating processes I make a lot of use of sub processes to keep things really simple. Unfortunately when you create a new process you can't just save it without anything in it.

This has the slightly disruptive effect of putting me into a bottom up development where I start with a process then realise I need a sub process, so go create a sub process but have to put some detail into it, end up writing most of the sub process then realise I need a sub process to that process and end up in a recursive loop.

I'd like to be able to write a process then be able to generate a stub process with a general name StubProcess for example, continue writing the rest of the process and then move to StubProcess, rename it appropriately and then write that process in its entirety.

If you are writing a complex interaction you end up writing the first bit then dropping into the depths of the others before you can come back to the surface and finish the initiating process.
customaware

Create Placeholder Sub Processes

Post by customaware »

1++++

In addition..... that placeholder automatically be Under the parent process.
Last edited by customaware on Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I usually create a sub-process and put some garbage action there like REPORT ERROR 'Not implemented it'.
Creating a blank process with no actions is very error-prone and difficult to implement internally.
Aware IM Support Team
PointsWell

RE: CREATE PLACEHOLDER SUB PROCESSES

Post by PointsWell »

aware_support wrote:I usually create a sub-process and put some garbage action there like REPORT ERROR 'Not implemented it'.
Creating a blank process with no actions is very error-prone and difficult to implement internally.
If you could automate that with the Report Error that would fix it.
rob_h7

Post by rob_h7 »

aware_support wrote:

Code: Select all

Plus it'd be impossible you wanted to do like 4-5 little notifications as they work through a form, like a sort of wizard helper, it'd just be a big info dump when they hit save at the end.
On second thoughts, this might be possible if we allow DISPLAY MESSAGE to be used in rules of an object, but only if rules are dynamic and are not executed on a server (only on a client) -
That'd be lovely.
Rob . Aware 8.4 (build 2718), Developer Edition, using Linux, MYSQL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

aware_support wrote:I usually create a sub-process and put some garbage action there like REPORT ERROR 'Not implemented it'.
I, like PointsWell, have this EXACT scenario come up - fortunately, the Eclipse editor will allow me to click NEW Process in the tree, and add a Rule.
I have a Process AAA.
So I just type in "AAA" into the "placeholder" rule so I can quickly save it and then go back to adding my button to call that process, or continue my parent process.

Similarly, If I'm making some Pulldown Menus... to visualize structure and indicate future features, I have a Grid Query with a Custom header that says "Feature Coming Soon" and I can plug that into the Pulldowns. It helps a menu not just have 1 item in it. Thats also a reminder of future Queries that I need when I get around to it. Its faster than making a menu option of HTML text that says "Coming Soon" and then having to change that to a Query later.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
gijsvb

Post by gijsvb »

eagles9999 wrote:What about this.....

https://openiban.com/

Tried this one, but the only response when requested from AwareIM is an error 1010. requesting with cURL works perfect, but the same URL in AwareIM only returns 'Error 1010'. (HTTP status 403 / Message 'Error 1010')

f.i. curl https://openiban.com/validate/NL36RABO0310308267
returns:
{
"valid": false,
"messages": [
"Validation failed."
],
"iban": "NL36RABO0310308267",
"bankData": {
"bankCode": "",
"name": ""
},
"checkResults": {}
}

Which is OK, the account number is incorrect.

The only response I'm getting from AwareIM with the same base URL (https://openiban.com/validate/NL36RABO0310308267) is: Error code 1010.

For now no parameters involved, it should be dead simple.......
Gijs van Ballegooijen.
the Netherlands.

AwareIM 8.4 (build 2708)
Server: Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2
Database: MariaDB
Config: Windows 2012R2
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

a FOUND_FLAG or FOUND_COUNT, similar to @@Rowcount after a SQL query which returns the number of rows found or "touched". This would aid useability in processes that FIND xxx data.
Dave
BobK

Post by BobK »

@gijsvb

To get https://openiban.com/validate/NL36RABO0310308267 working within Aware:
In your BO that implements REST, add the following to the "Request HTTP Headers"

Accept */*
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0
Cache-Control no-cache
Host openiban.com
Connection keep-alive

I added all 5 and it worked, but I do not know which one actually fixed the issue.
Bob