Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by BLOMASKY »

aware_support wrote:

Code: Select all

3 : Forms and Querys : manage conditional visibilty and conditionnal attribute input access, attribute colors and font properties
5 : Possibility to redefine BO property attribute inside form designer (Required,Initial value, choice values, Min/Max valeur, format)
Colors, fonts, format can be done now using presentation rules
I could be wrong, (am often!), but I THINK what he is asking for, is to be able to have more granularity in the presentation rules per form or query. I.E. I might want the customer name to be highlighted in one query if they have outstanding invoices, and in a diff. query I might want the customer name to be highlighted if they have open purchase orders, and the A/R clerk might want to see customer names highlighted if they have not made a payment in "X" days. Not sure this functionality is currently available.

Bruce
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, presentation rules are per form, so all element types available currently in presentation rules (style, mask, format (something else I cannot remember now) are PER FORM already.

The new version will also add visibility/read-only and "required" elements to presentation rules, so these will be per form as well.
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by customaware »

In the Form Cell Properties Page, can we please have the current size and format of the Attribute displayed under the Attribute Name.
So often when sizing Attribute cells on the Form it would be REALLY helpful to be able to see at a glance is this Attribute is 20 characters or 100 characters and also see similar info regarding Numbers.
Cheers,
Mark
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

aware_support wrote:Yes, presentation rules are per form, so all element types available currently in presentation rules (style, mask, format (something else I cannot remember now) are PER FORM already.

The new version will also add visibility/read-only and "required" elements to presentation rules, so these will be per form as well.
What about Queries? Can we have presentation rules on query columns just like we have for form fields?

Bruce
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

BLOMASKY wrote:
aware_support wrote:Yes, presentation rules are per form, so all element types available currently in presentation rules (style, mask, format (something else I cannot remember now) are PER FORM already.

What about Queries? Can we have presentation rules on query columns just like we have for form fields?

Bruce
+1 for the presentation rules - esp the ability to put a formatting mask.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Formatting mask is available now in presentation rules
Aware IM Support Team
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

aware_support wrote:Formatting mask is available now in presentation rules
Forms yes, but in queries?
PointsWell

Form HTML Row - Label Add

Post by PointsWell »

At the moment if you add an HTML row then you are presented with an HTML edit box to populate. Unfortunately when you close the HTML box the cell doesn't become selected so the properties aren't immediately shown so you've got to close the box, click the form cell to activate the properties and then select the label field.

Please add the label field to this edit box as the work flow if kind of clunky if you have to then seek out the label field once you've created the contents.

Perhaps also, if you leave the field blank default it to check the Hide Label box? Or is that an inconvenience? Are you more likely to want an indented HTML field than a no label HTML field???
PointsWell

Auto Set Default Action Flag

Post by PointsWell »

When creating operations with records, if you switch off the name and icon for the button then this should set the "default action" flag on the operation.
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

PUSH NOTIFICATIONS for web
https://developers.google.com/web/funda ... fications/

This has been brought up in the past, is it conceivable that this kind of functionality can be built into AwareiM. It would be nice to get confirmation if this will be featured one day.

Being able to push notifications to users that are NOT logged in is a really powerful feature. Currently, there is a push Notification for mobile apps (not sure how well this works yet), upgrading this feature for web apps in the chrome or firefox browser would be extremely exciting
PointsWell

Formatting Mask in Queries

Post by PointsWell »

PointsWell wrote:
aware_support wrote:Formatting mask is available now in presentation rules
Forms yes, but in queries?
Not just me with this need for formatting masks in queries. Ideally these should be conditional eg. If Barcode length is 10 then xyz format if barcode length is 13 then abc format

https://awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11625
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

This is probably just wishful thinking, but I would like an Attribute dictionary.

The idea would be to define an attribute with all of its settings, shortcuts maybe, in one place, outside of a BO.

Then in the BO attributes just select the Attribute from the dictionary and have it populate the BO with all of the attribute settings and Shortcuts.

My 'need' for this is that I might have a 'Program' attribute that I use in multiple BO's, this Program is a reference to a Programs Master File where the description and other information are actually kept.

Right now I have to manually define that reference and any shortcuts, in every BO that I use it in.

It would save a lot of time and potential error.

A side benefit would be if I change something in the Program attribute in the dictionary, it would be nice if that change was propagated to all of the BO's that use it.

Just my $.25

Jim
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Jhstephenson wrote:This is probably just wishful thinking, but I would like an Attribute dictionary.

The idea would be to define an attribute with all of its settings, shortcuts maybe, in one place, outside of a BO.

Then in the BO attributes just select the Attribute from the dictionary and have it populate the BO with all of the attribute settings and Shortcuts.

My 'need' for this is that I might have a 'Program' attribute that I use in multiple BO's, this Program is a reference to a Programs Master File where the description and other information are actually kept.

Right now I have to manually define that reference and any shortcuts, in every BO that I use it in.

It would save a lot of time and potential error.

A side benefit would be if I change something in the Program attribute in the dictionary, it would be nice if that change was propagated to all of the BO's that use it.

Just my $.25

Jim
As a work around does copy from one BO and paste to another help? Assuming that the details of the Attribute are the same across all...
PointsWell

Mandatory Field Error Message

Post by PointsWell »

The BO Error Messages (mandatory or wrong data type) serve the user the attribute name, which is many cases is not a friendly name. It would be better if the error messages were driven by the label name as that is what the user sees.
PointsWell

Preview Form in Standalone Browser

Post by PointsWell »

This feature just launches the form in the configuration state, ie with all the cell markers. This does not give a real view as to how the form will look in production as the padding of the form cells can become quite extreme if you have a number of rows of fields. A form in config that has fields overflowing can actually have a massive white (grey really) space when in production.

Please make the Preview function show the form as it will look when running on the server (without the cell padding).

(This would also make it easier to use the form as a dummy placeholder)