Filtering Problem

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
twhitehurst

Filtering Problem

Post by twhitehurst »

OK, I know this should be easy but I've been trying to get this to work for days and need some help.

I a main BO called Project. From the project I create a BO called Sections. Also from the Project I create a BO called Inspections (where we inspect the Sections)

I use shortcuts to carry the Project Name and the company office name to each of the Sections and Inspections BO's.

Now, the user picks a project form and clicks on create a new inspection. I have a relationship called InspectionSections established in the Inspection form so the user can pick the sections they are inspecting. This all works fine.

My problem is that I want to filter the sections choices to only show the sections that match the Project Name and Office Name on the inspection Object. I've tried every filter I can think of on the settings button for the add items button but cannot get it to filter.

I hope this makes sense?
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

The following query will show all sections of the project for which the new inspection is created:

FIND Section WHERE Section.Project = Inspection.Project

You can filter it further by applying additional conditions, for example:

FIND Section WHERE Section.Project = Inspection.Project AND Section.ProjectName = Inspection.ProjectName AND Section.OfficeName = Inspection.OfficeName
Aware IM Support Team
twhitehurst

Filtering Problem

Post by twhitehurst »

I've used this same code and still have a failure in the filter? I'm updating from build 896 to 906 and then going to give it another go. I feel sure I have everything right; however the filter is not working and I now have a NULL error showing up on one of my Form tabs. I'll keep you informed
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If it doesn't work please send your BSV file to [email protected]
Aware IM Support Team