Multi client capability

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ckirnbauer

Multi client capability

Post by ckirnbauer »

Hello,

how do I deploy the same business space for e.g. 3 branch offices, where each branch office has its own data store? Is publishing a new version for all these offices complicated?

Moreover, is a consolidation of these 3 data stores supported, e.g. the data of the 3 branch offices has to be migrated into one big data store? I think exporting the 3 data stores and importing them into one store should work on database level.

Kind regards,

Christian
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

> how do I deploy the same business space for e.g. 3 branch offices, where each branch office has its own data store?
Each branch office needs to run their own Aware IM Server. Deploying a business space is very easy. You can export your business space configuration into a BSV file and simply copy the file into AUTO_DEPLOYMENT directory under Aware IM installation at each office. Aware IM will automatically deploy it when restarted.

Alternatively, you can prepare a Setup package for your clients. In this case the business space will be deployed automatically when your clients install the package.

> Is publishing a new version for all these offices complicated?
Not at all. This can be done either by copying a BSV file with the new version as described above, or via web interface. In both cases Aware IM will automatically deploy the new business space and make necessary changes to existing database tables. Please refer to the following posts:

http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=573
http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=555

> Moreover, is a consolidation of these 3 data stores supported, e.g. the data of the 3 branch offices has to be migrated into one big data store? I think exporting the 3 data stores and importing them into one store should work on database level.
Data migration can be performed by importing CSV files. It should not be done on the database level.
Aware IM Support Team
ckirnbauer

Post by ckirnbauer »

Unfortunately, I can't locate the AUTO_DEPLOYMENT directory. There is only the DEPLOYED directory with the 3 sample application.bsv's.

Kind regards,
Christian
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Christian,

If the directory does not exist you need to create it manually under the Aware IM installation directory. Remember to restart Aware IM for the new version to be deployed. Once it is deployed, the BSV file is moved into DEPLOYED directory.

Also note that the auto-deployment works for the main operation mode - not the test operation mode.
Aware IM Support Team