How to store away info, fetch it and change it per job.

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
numberz

How to store away info, fetch it and change it per job.

Post by numberz »

Hi,
I could use some help.
What I'm developing needs some things that I can't readily understand how to do.

Imagine that I need to store away some default information but may need to retrieve and change it here and there.
I'll give an example.

Human Traits
Hair Brown
Eyes Blue

I'd want to grab the above info but be able to change the color of hair to whatever I wish, on the fly, not from a combo-box, etc. In other words I would like to click on the cell that has the word "Brown" in it and simply enter or overwrite what was in the cell.

Is this possible? I think I heard Vladimir state that we can't change information contained in shortcuts, is there another way?

I'd rather not type in the answers each and every time, meaning, enter a hair color or eye color. But I also need to enter whatever I feel like entering.

Thank you.
Regards and thanks,
Harry Carter
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: How to store away info, fetch it and change it per job.

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

Aware combo box has options to enter but you said you do not want combo. You may need to divide it in 2 sections/fields in aware where blue part is dynamic-text input and other one is static-label. Not sure if this is what you need. There may be better alternative solutions.
numberz

Post by numberz »

Thank you.
Regards and thanks,
Harry Carter
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

If I understand correctly, you will have a field called hair color that SOMETIMES you will want to enter the data, (glow in the dark purple, bald, etc.) but since MOST people have Black / Brown / Red / Blonde You would like to skip typing that in.

an option: The BO will have a plain text field called hair color
You can also have another BO called StandardHairColors which has the 4 standard colors.
On the form (or editable grid), you can type into the HairColor field and ALSO add a button that is called, "Select Default hair color" which will call a process with the following
PICK from StandarHairColorQuery
BO.hairColor = StandardHairColor.color

Does this make sense?

Bruce