My Journey evaluating Aware's Competition

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

My Journey evaluating Aware's Competition

Post by BLOMASKY »

I have been using Aware for a few years now, and I am a very happy camper. However, after using any development tool for a few years, I always explore to see what else might be better, more suited to my requirements, more features, etc. (This is how I found Aware. I was using Sencha ExtJS for 5-6 years and while surveying the RAD tool market I found Aware (Thanks to Mark and Roger for their help!).

So, starting almost a year ago, I decided to spend some time each week seeing if there was a “holy grail” of RAD tools that was brought to market. I won’t bore anyone with the # of tools that I evaluated, and while many of them had “some” compelling features, I have not found one that I thought would do a better job for me. My journey included some open source solutions and some that cost $18,000 / year.

My requirements are simple, I need a tool that:
• Is very fast to prototype / develop in
• Is very fast when the requirements change and I have to modify the structure / logic
• Is fast at runtime (sub second response for most activities, and even complex logic should not keep my impatient customers waiting for more than 3-4 seconds.
• Allows me to write complex business logic without 100’s of lines of low level code.

Now others probably have a different set of requirements for their applications, so I can’t say that Aware is the best “Swiss Army Knife” for all.

Bruce
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: My Journey evaluating Aware's Competition

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

I have done similar analysis of 10+ tools before finalizing on aware IM. Mark B gave me a features demo and that was it.
All the other tools I checked have either of these issues-
Very complex to understand, deploy, only on cloud(not on presmise), high per user cost(no one time cost option), only for web or only for mobile, if for both mobile/web then code versions are different for each, very hard to change UI, hard to integrate or override-in Aware you can override almost anything using Kendo UI and js, not upto mark documentations, many existing bugs, few upgrades per year.
For me Aware currently is the best RAD tool in the market for all above issues. Now if you need subsecond response you can try some techniques like caching, some paging tricks and some more performance tricks as if you have large data it may take its time to come back(4 to 5 seconds) from server to UI depending on tomcat memory, hardware and other misc things.
aware_support

Re: My Journey evaluating Aware's Competition

Post by aware_support »

This is all very nice to hear :D

Spread the word around!
Aware IM Support Team