How to reduce # of Timezones in the pulldown

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

How to reduce # of Timezones in the pulldown

Post by Jaymer »

Since we're talking about Timezone today, I really don't need to worry about setting my timezone to Tonga or the Easter Islands.
There's a Kendo Timezone file thats 200k+ of crap I don't need and it looks scary/uneditable.
How can I just get 5 US timezones to be in that list?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Re: How to reduce # of Timezones in the pulldown

Post by aware_support »

There is no control over this at the moment. So probably the only option is to write a script that would work with the Kendo UI combobox directly and remove some choices
Aware IM Support Team
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

Looking for some improvements in future..

- TimeZone attribute value displayed on form show different value on grid column. If we try to copy value from TimeZone attribute somewhere else attribute value shown on form is different which get copied.
I can understand value shown on the form is timezone abbreviation + GMTOffset and on grid column it shows timezone by country.

Form Screenshot
TimeZone attribute shown on Form
TimeZone attribute shown on Form
Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 11.58.31 AM.png (14.21 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
Grid Screenshot
TimeZone shown on Grid
TimeZone shown on Grid
Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 11.59.44 AM.png (11.2 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
I believe it should show the same value whatever either displayed on form or grid column.

I wish if there is capability to do following
- ability to select the way from configuration tool which value to be shown on form/grid. OFFSET + ABBREVIATION + COUNTRY..
- ability to get the offset value from the TimeZone attribute. [like GET_OFFSET(BO.TimeZone) return GMT +4:00 ]
- view by offset + abbreviations ... this is just more readable
example shown in picture
TimeZone List View
TimeZone List View
Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 11.53.42 AM.png (21.05 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

FYI
I just realized that if I change my Timezone in my user profile, the times displayed in a grid DO NOT CHANGE to reflect my new timezone UNTIL AFTER I log back in.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL