You need to assign the return of the NEXT_SEQUENCE_NMB function to the auto-incremented attribute as specified in the video and in the doco.
I completely agree with you and doing the same... I am assigning the value to attribute and using accordingly. But my point is different .. let me explain in stepsSales Object
having following attributes
- SalesSeqNo - hold sequence number
- SalesOrderNo - hold custom order number which is a plain text
1. Create Object Sales
2. Sales Object form appear with proper values initialized "SalesOrderNo: SO_0001"
3. User change mind and do nothing just cancel/close the form
4. Next time if I again open the form I found SalesOrderNo has been increased. "SO_0002".. here is the problem SO_0001 was never created.
If we just keep opening the create form and close without creating it keeps changing the sequence number.