If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
#51969 by Jaymer
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:13 pm
NOTE: This is always on Chrome browser.

I've seen this on and off for over a year - now, its less than 1 in 100 times a screen gets pulled up.
I finally was able to get a user to screen grab this:
combo box error.PNG
combo box error.PNG (23.7 KiB) Viewed 2240 times

Usually its not a problem, like if it appears in a popup/drill down Form from a click on a grid.
Because the next time you bring it up it will be fine.

But I have some Non-closeable tabs in my VP that show grids - and if one of those gets in this "confused" mode, then since I can't close the Tab, each subsequent opening of a form FROM THAT TAB will remain confused. (Its like the code in the Browser is cache'd somehow for the Form and each instance of the Form is also confused.)
I have to Ctrl-R then entire App to clear the issue.

anyway, thought it might only be me and didn't want to make a formal report to Support unless others are troubled by this.

NOTE: Aware's Javascript uses a .split("@"); to parse this data when rendering the UI. Makes me wonder if when I see this, if I was able to examine the browser Console for any JS messages, it might aid in debugging this.
#52381 by Jaymer
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:56 am
this is from the latest build, 2711
this time, i checked the JS console - but unfortunately found no errors.

Instead of it being a functioning Combo box, its a plain text field.
Attachments
reference fields.PNG
reference fields.PNG (11.06 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
#53324 by Jaymer
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:16 pm
This issue was solved...
I was changing the ID field of the control.
I mean, its a editable field on the control.
If its left blank, it gets a unique value like: AWARE-60609

So, if you have a grid, and a click on a row performs EDIT OBJECT in NEW TAB,
and then you come back to the grid and do another click to open ANOTHER NEW TAB,
then Since I overrode the ID (which would have been random & unique) with a constant ID, then its the same ID on 2 diff tabs and the underlying JS gets confused.

Thats 100% the reason for the corruption.
Case closed.