American dates in Grid - how to change

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

American dates in Grid - how to change

Post by rocketman »

Being a Brit, I have all my dates in all my BO's formatted as dd/MM/yyyy, yet all the filters in all my grids require input in that god awful American format mm/dd/yyyy.

Is there a way of changing this?. Super fast typists ignore the date picker and just type stuff in and it's constantly catching them out
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
Jaymer

Re: American dates in Grid - how to change

Post by Jaymer »

holy cow, this is weird.

all i did IN 1 QUERY was change the display format of a date field from MM/dd/yy to dd/MM/yy
and it rendered Filtering on that column 100% useless.
(I changed it locally in the grid)

Its a TIMESTAMP field, with its Display format = MM/dd/yy hh:mm
And I have overridden in the Grid cause I don't need to see the Time portion, but thats for debugging if we need to see exactly when something happened.

Once I changed the display format, I could not even use the Date Picker. No combination of typing in date values made the filter work - in all cases it filtered to NO Records Found.

Didn't believe it would be so difficult. Gotta get back to work. Good luck.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Is there a way of changing this?
if you set the date format on the attribute to (Take from locale) does it not resolve this ?
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

ACDC wrote:
if you set the date format on the attribute to (Take from locale) does it not resolve this ?
Ha - Not needed but mentioning Locale was a good clue - thanks. I just needed to select my English locales as the default (the box wasn't ticked) and everything works

Incidentally, just for info. In the live system, I tried setting my personal locale to English (it's normally blank because I only have 1 locale ) and that worked also. I did need to log out and in again for the change to take effect. I then set up an American Locale with an American date format, switched myself to be an American. All Works, life is good

Thanks once again for the clue
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

rocketman wrote:
ACDC wrote:
Ha - Not needed but mentioning Locale was a good clue - thanks. I just needed to select my English locales as the default (the box wasn't ticked) and everything works

Incidentally, just for info. In the live system, I tried setting my personal locale to English (it's normally blank because I only have 1 locale ) and that worked also. I did need to log out and in again for the change to take effect. I then set up an American Locale with an American date format, switched myself to be an American. All Works, life is good

Thanks once again for the clue
It really would be better if Locale was the default date setting rather than USA.