Default Icons missing after upgrading Aware Im version 8.3

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bondicoffee

Post by bondicoffee »

Hi,

On upgrading aware version on server to 8.3 we are noticing some icons missing (for example default flash icon which was visible for process buttons in earlier versions). Can @awareim support please guide me on the cause of this issue and what is the step to be followed on an upgrade that we have missed?

Attached is a screenshot of the sameImagehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1h_q2r ... pqeAB0SiG3
customaware

Re: Default Icons missing after upgrading Aware Im version 8

Post by customaware »

Quite a lot of the Font Awesome icons names have changed. Additionally, Aware defaults to the Free version and you need to make a small change to the aware.css file (change Free to Pro) if you want to use Pro.

Also.... the old format.. fa fa-remove and fa fa-close for a X has been changed to fas fa-times.

You will need to checl every icon in your app to bring it to the new format.

Some people have said there is something that can be done to keep using the V4x icons but I could never get that to work.
Cheers,
Mark
bondicoffee

Post by bondicoffee »

Thank you, Mark, for informing me of the amendments required.

I have a question though,
Is it possible to simply copy the CSS file from the old version to the new version as our objective is to make application look operable for the end-user?

If yes, is this the same aware.css file that can be replaced? If answer is no, what are the steps to make all missing icons visible in 8.3?
customaware

Post by customaware »

Have PM'd you
Cheers,
Mark
bondicoffee

Post by bondicoffee »

Thank you Mark for sharing the workarounds to fix image issue.

On exporting bsv to xml and then reimporting xml to bsv fixed all the icons for me.I had to fix some comilations errors before importing to business space which fixed the issue.