I don't understand the question I am asking

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ask180

I don't understand the question I am asking

Post by ask180 »

Hi,
I have been approached by a very large organisation asking whether they could run an AwareIM application in a Kubernetes framework environment. If so, they are very interested.

My problem is that, being non-technical, I don't understand what Kubernetes is, let alone the technicalities of deploying AwareIM applications to this environment.

Does anyone understand what I am asking?
cishpix

Re: I don't understand the question I am asking

Post by cishpix »

Hi,
I don't know you have play with docker or not but Kubernetes is not too far. All of them is about containerization technology.
For more details you can read this article Kurbenetes vs Docker
Regards,

Suwandy
-----------------
Kisaran - Indonesia
ACDC

Re: I don't understand the question I am asking

Post by ACDC »

For more details you can read this article Kurbenetes vs Docker
Excellent article, thanks for the link.

When virtual machines came out, I locked on to them and started to use them with ease, but soon came to realise that running AIM in a VM was sluggish and reverted back to bare metal machines.

Howerver installing an AIM app in a Docker Container could be quite different and makes good sense for AwareIM developers, but technically is more complex to setup than a VM machine. I have yet to get this right.

It would be really good if support came to the party on this one and assisted with an example or instruction on how to get AwareAIM runing in a Docker Container