Calendar Questions

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bwalk

Calendar Questions

Post by bwalk »

Hello AwareIM Users, I have 2 Calendar questions you may be able to assist with:
1 - Is it possible to display the weekly view from Mon to Sun instead of the default Sun to Sat?
2 - Is it possible to lock the calendar header portion (Sun 7/28, Mon 7/29, etc.) on the screen so when you scroll down through all the hours the header will stay visible?
Thx for any insight you can provide.
idpSteve

Re: Calendar Questions

Post by idpSteve »

1. If you click on the three dots next to "Display as Calendar/Scheduler" then click on the "More..." link you'll see a dropdown that says "First day of week". You can use this.

2. I think if you set a fixed height then the header stays at the top of the query. I'm pretty sure that this is the case with kendo grid configuration for sure, I presume it will work for calendars. If it doesn't work let me know.. (Again, if you go to "Display as Calendar/Scheduler" menu you should see a height text box where you can set this, before clicking "More...".)
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Hello idpSteve, thanks for the response.
1 - I have changed the 'First day of week' but the layout always comes out Sun to Sat. I'm trying to get Mon to Sun.
2 - YES! Setting the height to something like 700 px freezed the top header section and scrolls the rest within the 700 px area.
I will keep playing with the 'First day of week' to see if I can get what is needed.
Thank you!
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Not having any success on getting the Weekly view to display Monday through Sunday
idpSteve

Post by idpSteve »

I haven't used this in a while, it was as simple as changing the drop down for me. Perhaps it's a bug.. You could look at the kendo docs and add some initialization script for this, but it should be a built in feature of calendars.
idpSteve

Post by idpSteve »

Add this to initialization script:

$(document).ready(function() {
kendo.culture().calendar.firstDay= 1
});

You can change this number for different days.
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Thanks for that ipdSteve,

Vlad just posted a new release fixing this calendar bug. Great service all around.
Thanks All
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

ipdSteve,
Your script works perfectly.
Thanks so very much.
Bill
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This should be fixed in build 2628