uAo save

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

uAo save

Post by rocketman »

Is there a way to auto save a form every x minutes?

The issue is the system wide timeout is quite low - 10 minutes. Some users - who can be very verbose when composing emails - or who get distracted with phone calls and other curses of modern living will overrun the timeout and when they click save, they get sent to the timeout screen and lose all their work.

So I'm either looking to auto save every few minutes or have the system save their work at the point of timeout. I can save on close or abandonment - but when the phone rings, they just leave the cursur flashing in the HTML message field despite having been told millions of times not to do that.

Life would be great if it wasn't for customers
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
idpSteve

Re: uAo save

Post by idpSteve »

You can probably add a script to the form..

Something like this:

function myFunction() {
$('[id*="_save_button"]').click();
}

var i = setInterval(function () {
myFunction();
}, 600000
);

EDIT:: Not sure if you can't just tick the 'Auto-save' box in the Miscellaneous section of form settings.. Would be easier and no random save mask every 10 minutes.
rocketman

Re: uAo save

Post by rocketman »

I've got auto save on the form which deals with abandonment (x'ing the window away or closing the tab/ hitting the close button ) - doesn't work with a timeout

Will try the script later. Thanks for replying
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5