BUG-Grid query refresh bug-render/init scripts do not fire

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

BUG-Grid query refresh bug-render/init scripts do not fire

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

I have few js scripts for query grid in init and render and I also have filters and there is a refresh option set that refreshes grid when that filter updates another BO. Now data in grid gets refreshed when another BO gets updated but no render or init event fired.
Grid query refresh bug-render/init scripts do not fire. The problem is then we can not use scripts anytime there is need of refreshing grid via refresh option in grid. This seems to be a bug or if there is a workaround anyone knows please advise.
BLOMASKY

Re: BUG-Grid query refresh bug-render/init scripts do not fi

Post by BLOMASKY »

I might be missing what you want done, but I "think" a workaround would be to have the grid's refresh run a process which could call your JS scripts, then re-load the grid. This would be doing it "aware"s way. It sounds like the render script is only run once, when the grid is initially displayed.

If your grid is in a layout then this is an easy process. Have the cell be an (almost) empty html cell, with the autorefresh triggered by however its triggered now and have a process called which again, runs your JS then does a DISPLAY GridName.

Bruce
swiftinitpvtltd

This is clearly a BUG in the system-
to reproduce-
write any simple js script in query init script with console.log('test');
this will fire on query first load.
Now add something on auto refresh option to refresh query and grid and even after grid and query refreshes console.log('test'); does not fire. It says executes js after query is rendered on the screen...
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

So the query under scripts has an 'Initialization' tab and a 'Render' Tab. It looks like only the initialization tab works, but the Render does not on a refresh. This is not my expertise, but I assume it should refire on a refresh? My test it did not. Maybe support can shed some light.

Mark F
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

The scripts are designed to execute once at the Initialization and Render of the related UI widgets. The scripts are completely independent of the data loading/refreshing.

To run some code every time the data refreshes, you can bind an event handler to the grid's "databound" event.

Query Render Script
widget.bind("dataBound", function() {
console.log("The databound event just fired.")
})
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
swiftinitpvtltd

Great inputs! Thank you.