CanI disable Chrome auto-fill via render script? Watch video

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

CanI disable Chrome auto-fill via render script? Watch video

Post by Jaymer »

I have some weird stuff happening because of Chrome's auto fill.
99% of the time - I love it - and use it a lot to not have to remember passwords.

I'm wondering if I can disable it while running Aware... via a render or init script.

here's why... watch this video. This totally messes up a grid and Aware is confused.
A user cannot use it this way.

Also, not shown in the video, if you examine the Tomcat log when saving data on a form, you can see the fields that are submitted. This password mess doesn't save the correct value all the time.
If My password is AAA, and I bring up the form to change my PW, sometimes if I enter BBB, and also confirm BBB, you will still see Aware send AAA, esp. the 1st time. Monkeying with it can make it work correctly, but I haven't found the exact method yet to make it reliable (which, no user is going to do anyway).

some discussion on it here: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... =370363#c7
and I tried this in render & init scripts, to no avail.

Code: Select all

$(document).on('focus click tap', 'input', function() {
    $(this).attr("autocomplete", 'new-password');
});

jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Re: CanI disable Chrome auto-fill via render script? Watch v

Post by Jaymer »

Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
customaware

Post by customaware »

I have the very same problem Jaymer.

So often, go to change a password and seems like the auto fill intervenes and the password does not get reset.

Really irritating.

Look forward to hearing of a solution for this.
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Mark
Steve Bauthier sent me a skype msg. he gave me this code:
$(document).ready(function () {
$("input").each(function () {
var myID = $(this).attr('id');
$(this).attr("autocomplete", myID);
});
});

I'm not sure if it goes in Render or Init, btw.

By the time I got this, I had already modified my forms and removed the password.
Since I needed to email a password with an encrypted link, I had to start using RegularUser.PasswordGenerated instead of the regular Password field. THAT field didn't have an auto-complete issue so my issue kinda solved itself.
NOTE: Whether its actually generated or keyed-in, I use that PWGenerated field and then encyrpt that. The user can also type in a PW then it can still be emailed.

Jaymer