View BO Form Section from a process

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rbross

View BO Form Section from a process

Post by rbross »

Hello,

Is there a way to get a form to open to a specific section/Tab when called from a process.
If you do a normal Edit you can specify which Section to open to but in a process, it doesn't look like you can do that?

All you have in the process is View BO USING 'Form Name' I need it to open to a certain Section/Tab on the form.
Normally I could just do an Edit, but in This case, I am Viewing the parent record the record in context has a ps reference with.

AwareIM V8.3 latest build 2615
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
BLOMASKY

Re: View BO Form Section from a process

Post by BLOMASKY »

Its a kludge, but why not copy the form, and in the copy have either that form section on the top , or if you only need that section, delete the others.

I had to do the same thing since different roles should see diff. tabs 1st.

Bruce
rbross

Re: View BO Form Section from a process

Post by rbross »

BLOMASKY wrote:Its a kludge, but why not copy the form, and in the copy have either that form section on the top , or if you only need that section, delete the others.
I had to do the same thing since different roles should see diff. tabs 1st.
Bruce
I guess I could do that. It's a shame you can't have the same functionality you have when you edit a form and can select the section name to start with.
I guess I could have each section as its own form as well, then set 'USING' to that section name which would now be a Form name when I need to.
Seem like a lot of Extra work.....
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~