2019 Zero to Hero Beginners Workshop Package now Available

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
customaware

2019 Zero to Hero Beginners Workshop Package now Available

Post by customaware »

New 2019 - Zero to Hero Beginners Workshop Package now Available
ZtH.jpg
ZtH.jpg (57.75 KiB) Viewed 28673 times

To All Aware IM Beginners,

We are pleased to make available for purchase the contents of the Aware IM Zero to Hero Beginners Training Course that was delivered at the recent Aware IM Developers International Conference in Portugal.

Totally recreated for Version 8.2, optimised to make the concepts simpler to understand and separately recorded for much improved sound quality

The contents of the Package (182 pages of Step by Step Documentation, over 6 Hours of Instructional Recording, Sample BSV of completed Application and sample CSV Import files)

The topics covered over the workshop are as follows…
• Sound Database Design (and how it should be properly done in Aware IM - i.e..It is different from traditional database applications and if done correctly can reduce development time substantially and prevent problems further down the track
• Naming conventions for Business Objects, Attributes, Reference Attributes, Queries, Folders and Processes
• Installation and setup of the Aware IM Development environment. What folders contain what and which parts you need to concern yourself with
• Navigating the Configurator
• Application component organisation – What is all that stuff in the Tree for?
• Initial Application design considerations – What app can I create and where do I start?
• Building your Business Objects
• Creating the correct References between Business Objects
• Designing your Create and Edit Forms
• Business Object Rules
• Building Queries. When and How to use them
• Access Levels
• Visual Perspectives for Access Levels and for Layouts
• Processes. Basic thru to complex
• How to Create and Send Emails
• Application Deployment

The Workshop application that you will build by following the workshop is a basic Car Hire application.

When someone visits your site, they are invited to enter the Pickup and Return dates for their hire. They then select a Model of car. You learn how to present only Models that have actual vehicles available during the Hirer’s dates. Once a Model is selected, the Hirer is then directed to enter all of their details… email address, Name, Address, Contact Number and Credit Card Details and they are advised of the daily hire rate and the total cost of the hire.
Once they confirm, the system creates them as a Customer on the system, allocates and actual vehicle for those dates and sends them and email and log in credentials so that they can then log back in to manage their booking.

While this sample application sounds trivial, it actually presents some unique and important issues that newcomers to Aware IM come up against. Especially how to carry out particular types of processing in the application purely based on a Guest user.

Once you have completed the Workshop you will have learnt a solid foundation of knowledge required to carry forward into more advanced development and it will provide you with a fast-track to understanding how Aware IM works.

When you purchase the Zero to Hero contents, you will also be entitled to one hour of one on one online assistance from me to help you if you get stuck (at a mutually agreeable time depending on time zones)

For those wishing to purchase the Zero to Hero Beginners Workshop Package, please send an email to [email protected] requesting to receive a Paypal Invoice for the correct Product Code (see Pricing table below).

Once you receive and pay the Invoice, a download link will be forwarded to you.

Workshop Bundle Pricing:
ZTHO19 – 2019 Zero to Hero Beginners Workshop Package Only $400 USD
ZTHCP19 – 2019 Zero to Hero Beginners Workshop + 2019 Conference Package Bundle 700 USD (normally 800 USD)
Cheers,
Mark
jannes

Re: 2019 Zero to Hero Beginners Workshop Package now Availab

Post by jannes »

I attended this sublime workshop. It provides a lot of useful information and it ensures that you go quickly to the next level in a pleasant way.
Mark is a great coach who can perfectly guide you to take major steps forward relatively quickly.

= Jannes
ddumas

Re: 2019 Zero to Hero Beginners Workshop Package now Availab

Post by ddumas »

Can you make an End to End video that calls a complex REST API? I for one, would pay at least $200 for that alone, maybe more, if it was state of the art. One that literally takes you step by step from start to finish, and does NOT "pre-create" any BOs, property files, System settings, etc.

A great one would be for Payment processing. ZOHO Payments, Paid Membership Pro, or any other popular one.

Nowadays, they ALL use Oauth2.0. Most use JSON, which can populate context, but some do not.

While calling the simplest REST API is fine in AIM, complex ones are quite different for me. The current Videos do not register with my simple mind :)

Dave