Delete button not showing

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
gijsvb

Delete button not showing

Post by gijsvb »

Hi,

I have a BO User and a BO Weeks. The BO User has a one to many relation to Weeks in an attribute called 'Holidays'. This is indicating the holiday weeks for this user.

I want to give the user the ability to add and delete holiday weeks from the reference attribute 'Holidays'. In the form containing the user's 'holidays' I add a button 'Delete' in the record operations. When I add this button it's a 'Delete from list' action. This becomes a 'Delete Object' action when I want to edit the button.

Everything works well as long as I give the user full access to the BO weeks. If I change the user's access to the BO weeks to read-only (as it should be), the delete button is not shown on the form for the user.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Gijs van Ballegooijen.
the Netherlands.

AwareIM 8.4 (build 2708)
Server: Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2
Database: MariaDB
Config: Windows 2012R2
aware_support

Re: Delete button not showing

Post by aware_support »

This is intentional - if the object is read-only then you cannot delete references of this object either.
Aware IM Support Team
gijsvb

Re: Delete button not showing

Post by gijsvb »

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I have found a work around by using a proces with a 'remove' action to remove a week from the user's holiday list. This works even if the user has only read access to the BO week.

My problem is solved.
Gijs van Ballegooijen.
the Netherlands.

AwareIM 8.4 (build 2708)
Server: Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2
Database: MariaDB
Config: Windows 2012R2