Updating table on AS400

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Updating table on AS400

Post by Jhstephenson »

We are pulling data from an AS400. No problem getting the data.

Now we would like to update that same data. So we have created a unique field called ID and updated it with a unique sequential number. When you generate the attributes you can tell it a field is a Primary Key. But what it does is create a field named EXT_ID with the sequential number in it. When you run a query it will put them automatically in that order and then you can click on a Edit button and it will take you to that record. But when you make a change and try to save it gives this error:

Internal system error Transaction exception Error persisting business object glwork3 [SQL0199] Keyword ID not expected. Valid tokens: =

We must be missing something, but I am not sure what. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim
CalD

Re: Updating table on AS400

Post by CalD »

Did you have any luck Jim?

The error sounds to me like something along the line doesn't like having a field called 'ID' maybe try renaming it to something more specific - 'CustomerId' or some such thing...
BobK

Re: Updating table on AS400

Post by BobK »

What database is running on the AS400?

The reason I ask is because I duckduckgo'ed your error message SQL0199 and from what other people have posted about that error it looks like a problem with the UPDATE SQL statement and the SQL engine found ID when it expected an equal sign (=)

Internal system error Transaction exception Error persisting business object glwork3 [SQL0199] Keyword ID not expected. Valid tokens: =
Bob