Excel like form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
KnightWare

Excel like form

Post by KnightWare »

Is it possible to have an Entry form that is row based, aka Excel? The fields would be text or list boxes. Similar to a query, but you can copy a row (fields) as a new row and change data, or add blank row filling in contents? Copy/Save/Delete buttons would be on each row. I thought I was this somewhere, but cannot find it.
BLOMASKY

Re: Excel like form

Post by BLOMASKY »

Perhaps I did not understand your question, but it seems like you are looking for a query with INLINE editing. Yes, this is an option for any query, and you can have buttons either inline on on the form to add / save changes. Does this answer your question?

Bruce
PointsWell

Re: Excel like form

Post by PointsWell »

KnightWare wrote:Is it possible to have an Entry form that is row based, aka Excel? The fields would be text or list boxes. Similar to a query, but you can copy a row (fields) as a new row and change data, or add blank row filling in contents? Copy/Save/Delete buttons would be on each row. I thought I was this somewhere, but cannot find it.
Have you considered an embedded spreadsheet? p198 of User manual. My understanding (I haven't played too much with it yet) is that you can create a document attribute for a BO and then use the spreadsheet for calculations that make more sense in a spreadsheet and then pass back specific cells to your BO. You can probably do more but I haven't checked it out yet.

If that's not really what you are looking for then it is probably an query with inline editing that you need where each row is a unique BO. This would be less flexible than the embedded spreadsheet functionality.

Parent BO owns Child BOs

Form shows the Parent BO and then Child relationship as a grid. You could then add Operations on records to create duplicate rows, reordering would be more complex as you would need to have a sort field with update rules to resequence them.