New kid in circus.. just wanted to say "Hi"

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
T0M

New kid in circus.. just wanted to say "Hi"

Post by T0M »

So.. first of all I just wanted to say "Hi" to you all. :D

Although I did not find any forum category for new members..
i do think it's polite and appreciated to introduce myself.. and not just asking for help on the very first minute.

So.. if you're tight on time.. you may stop reading now.

All my future questions, as strange as they may seem, are put into the right perspective
if you know a few things about me, how i came to AIM and my technical background.

I was mostly working with wordpress for the last 10-15 years.. and my projects grew bigger and more complex almost every time. I tackled some php coding (if given clear instructions).. but most probably i needed someone to build things up.
As you may know with CMS'es and WP.. most of the time it's an elaborate search for the right plugin or setup to accomplish the task.

Profession: Serial creator of "Frankenstein" backends with nice looking frontends.

So the hidden areas of my brain searched for a tool like AwareIm for very long time, without me actually recognizing that fact.
That newest site/application I need to build, the very first second it was totally clear, that wp cannot solve the task/problems.
Searched on .. and on .. yeah.. almost anything that big Google had a reference for.. then came to that awesome search terms:
no/low code & RAD

Holy cow! That's exactly what I need! (and would have needed for the very last 2 years)

As options are available from anything between 197$ one time to 60k+ per year..
.. you guessed it: I eventually found AwareIm viable and very competitive against others.

I'm still learning to think like a fullstack developer and not my usual "point-click-install, go let's find a plugin for that" system configurator way of doing stuff.
Read through 600+ pages of docs, the forums and everything I could grasp. But still confident that in some time "I'll get it"

As I'm already doing OK with real life relationships.. guess with the help of AIM relationship managing software I'd be dev-rockstar soon, right?

As the forums may have a real shortage on dumb questions.. I'll may get that fixed pretty soon.

So you know my story.. thanks for reading. See you soon.

Oh and Mark B. (knowing I drove you crazy)
Thank you so much for your time, patience and attitude. You're a real star!
8.2 (Build 2570) | MySQL | Win 2016 | UpCloud | == Arabica && || Robusta
PointsWell

Re: New kid in circus.. just wanted to say "Hi"

Post by PointsWell »

Welcome to the world of AIM.
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

Welcome to be-Aware-IM colony. Wish you will have a great time ahead. :D
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
customaware

Post by customaware »

Good post Tom.

Welcome aboard and certainly hope the Project is progressing.
Cheers,
Mark