◄HACK► Annoyed with Fade-In Window Open animation slowness?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

◄HACK► Annoyed with Fade-In Window Open animation slowness?

Post by Jaymer »

During remote support, I'm always waiting on the popup window that asks "Delete this record Yes/Cancel".
Sorry, maybe its just me, but that extra 1/3 second bugs me... esp. when I have a bunch of rows to delete.

There's an easy way to fix it - basically, remove the kendo animation duration with a simple file edit. This will make all window opening animations disappear.

File: kendo.all.min.js
Line: 47
Pos: 13,774

String(s): name:"Window",animation:{open:{effects:{zoom:{direction:"in"},fade:{direction:"in"}},duration:350}
and right after this the "close" duration.

Find 350. I set mine to 0.... snappy and happy!

I'm not sure how all this works... since there's lots of .js files in this directory. But there's the 1 "all.min.js" file that seems to encompass all the files together.
FYI, this line also appears in the following files, tho I don't think you need to change them there. I didn't.
kendo.dataviz.min.js
kendo.dataviz.mobile.min.js
kendo.web.min.js
kendo.window.min.js

--> jaymerTip
Last edited by Jaymer on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Re: ◄HACK► Annoyed with Fade-In Window Open animation slowne

Post by Jaymer »

UPDATE: In build 2574 thru 2629 (Sep 1, 2019), the offset location of the value "350" is at location 13,877

I changed mine to 0, and also noticed a "fade out" duration and changed that to 0 also.

I found the easiest way to locate this was to search for the string
fade:{direction:"in"}},duration

jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL