8.3 New Years Wish List - please add to list

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

8.3 New Years Wish List - please add to list

Post by Jaymer »

1) F4 working correctly when bringing up Functions - its wonky (working as of 8.2 b2569)
2) In a rule, Ctrl-Click on a Process to Open that Process, so we don't have to go digging thru a big tree on the left side to find it (working as of 8.2 b2569)
3) Ctrl-A working inside a rule (and other places) to select all text
4) When in a Scrolling List (like the 2 lists in the Auto-Refresh settings for a Query), can we use Incremental Search to find a list item, other than just the 1st Letter
5) In Queries, Text view, we format a query nicely to make it readable and it gets all jumbled up by Aware
6) Comments in Rules. Mark suggested any line starting with // should be ignored
7) Isn't there still some bug in a Query, where if you add a record, the refresh doesn't happen unless you explicitly add that BO to the Refresh rules
8 ) wish context assist would continue working in text view after a couple of line breaks (from RentProperty) (working much better as of 8.2 b2569)
9) Samsung phone hitting your App is different than an iPhone if Aware's Mobile Option is installed thread here
10) ability to alter colors in Config Tool
11) Coloring of Reference Fields, shortcuts, etc. will help greatly
12) Tweak Server Output from Scheduler jobs to reduce clutter
13) Improvements to Server Output & Tomcat Output to make more usable
14) Popup forms in Mobile to be responsive according to the resolution of the Mobile being used by user. (Ben)
15) Conditional FINDs in Rules (see below)
16) Normal functions on VP Editing in Configurator (copy/paste/etc. between VPs) Its very hard to deal with multiple VPs efficiently.
Last edited by Jaymer on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BenHayat

Re: 8.3 New Years Wish List - please add to list

Post by BenHayat »

*) Popup forms in Mobile to be responsive according to the resolution of the Mobile being used by user.
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Conditional Query -
IF BO.Attr='Yes' FIND OtherBO WHERE OtherBO=[Value] ELSE FIND OtherBO WHERE OtherBO=[SomethingElse]
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

PointsWell wrote:Conditional Query -
IF BO.Attr='Yes' FIND OtherBO WHERE OtherBO=[Value] ELSE FIND OtherBO WHERE OtherBO=[SomethingElse]
+100
I had asked for this before and I wish I had it. And I ended up repeating the queries over and over.
I was shocked I could not do conditional query.
tford

Post by tford »

Conditional Query -
Conceptually it seem like this should be able to happen if we had a new kind of query if everything EXCEPT the FIND statement & the FIND statement were passed into the new type of Query via the context of a process that includes the FIND & calls the new type query.
Last edited by tford on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
customaware

Post by customaware »

Doesn't this already provide the same result? :-/

FIND OtherBO WHERE ((BO.Attr='Yes' AND OtherBO=[Value]) OR (BO.Attr<>'Yes' AND OtherBO=[SomethingElse]))

Haven't tried it but I would expect it to work
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

eagles9999 wrote:Doesn't this already provide the same result? :-/

FIND OtherBO WHERE ((BO.Attr='Yes' AND OtherBO=[Value]) OR (BO.Attr<>'Yes' AND OtherBO=[SomethingElse]))

Haven't tried it but I would expect it to work
That's an OR on the result set which will bring back both OtherBO=[Value] AND OtherBO=[SomethingElse]. Also BO doesn't have a relationship to OtherBO in your example.
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Bring back the SQL Editor for Queries. I am guessing there is something overly complicated about this otherwise it would've made the leap to V8
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

PointsWell wrote:Bring back the SQL Editor for Queries. I am guessing there is something overly complicated about this otherwise it would've made the leap to V8
I requested in V6 and nothing happened!
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

BenHayat wrote:
PointsWell wrote:Bring back the SQL Editor for Queries. I am guessing there is something overly complicated about this otherwise it would've made the leap to V8
?? It was in 7
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

PointsWell wrote:
BenHayat wrote:
?? It was in 7
Sorry, I meant the conditional query. My bad!
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

I’d maybe trade new features for a consolidation version to:
  1. bring all documentation up to date and defragment - the current documentation is a bit light on some new features (such as Kanban) and relies on YouTube more than the manuals, also Manuals still refer to functionality that was removed in v8 (see page 490 of User Guide - reference to SQL Editor for Queries - though I would prefer this to be brought back and the manual left as is on this one :D viewtopic.php?p=49929#p49929)
  2. migrate documentation to an online format. Current online help is just the Word documents converted to HTML and not very easy on the eye.
  3. as part of an improvement in online documentation better integration with the forums
  4. fix sub forms so that they are fully functional (eg be able to filter based on other attributes of a sub form viewtopic.php?p=49945#p49945 be able to utilise multiple levels of sub forms - to be more compliant with normalisation concepts
Last edited by PointsWell on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
craigd

Post by craigd »

1. SSL support for LDAP
2. SEND rule supports TO: expression
3. Centralize LDAP/SAML configuration. I create multiple BSVs for the same users. Instead of duplicating the lookup/login scaffolding inside each BSV it would be helpful if I could specify this all just once in AwareIM and have each BSV use this scaffolding.

Others seen elsewhere but raising again:
4. Click on Calendar to create new Appointment should (somehow) auto populate START/END attributes.
5. Rules for buttons to set color. Right now seems to be a combo of JS/CSS when a rule or setting would be more scalable.
6. Form attributes that are READ ONLY (eg if PROTECT rule is true) should actually LOOK like they are read only. Today they look like READ/WRITE attributes except when you click on them - to edit them - nothing happens. My 'trick' is to add the READ only attributes inside an HTML box so at least they look READ only.
tford

Post by tford »

2. SEND rule supports TO: expression
Yes, this would be VERY helpful!

Also would be helpful to send emails to a string like: [email protected];[email protected]
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

craigd wrote: 6. Form attributes that are READ ONLY (eg if PROTECT rule is true) should actually LOOK like they are read only. Today they look like READ/WRITE attributes except when you click on them - to edit them - nothing happens. My 'trick' is to add the READ only attributes inside an HTML box so at least they look READ only.
Along with this, it irks me that I can't [easily] have a button on the screen in DISABLED status.
... like until this BO has x, y & z entered and validated, THEN a particular button changes state from disabled to enabled (ie. not just appearing out of nowhere due to a READ PROTECT).

And also, using a VIEW NOEDIT still makes the field look like an editable field, even tho you are in NOEDIT mode (the user doesn't know this, except visually there's no SAVE button).
EDITED to add "NOEDIT" mode, not just VIEW mode.
Last edited by Jaymer on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL