Who is activily using Gantt Chart?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

Who is activily using Gantt Chart?

Post by BenHayat »

Hi guys;

I'm trying o understand and learn Gantt to implement it in my app. My only reference and doc is the "Project Management" BSV (unless there is some detailed doc somewhere - not the one in User guild) which I'm trying to figure the logic.

So I have a few questions and hope you can help me.

1) When "Editing" a task, there a a button at the top "Add Children" that shows a list of tasks and then at the bottom of the form (Child Tasks section), there is a button "Add Child" that also shows a list of tasks with different order. What are the differences between these two functionalities? What does each one do?

2) To use "Add children", "Add dependencies", "Add child" features, they all show a list of tasks. Does this mean, we have to create a series of "independent" tasks first and then use the "Edit Task" to create relationships between them?

3) Can we provide any way for user to erase or deleted these dependencies and start fresh?

Thank you in advance.
BenHayat

Re: Who is activily using Gantt Chart?

Post by BenHayat »

^BUMP^
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

I have been keen to add a Gantt to our applications but the annual license fee outweighs the need. I have never understood why this option carries such a cost
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

ACDC wrote:I have been keen to add a Gantt to our applications but the annual license fee outweighs the need. I have never understood why this option carries such a cost
When I bought it, it is just the first year cost, like the SQL driver and no cost on following years
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

When I bought it, it is just the first year cost, like the SQL driver and no cost on the following years
You may want to check that, I understood you have to pay that every time you upgrade, otherwise I would have bought it long time ago
customaware

Post by customaware »

My understanding is the yearly is 50% of initial fee for all components
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

eagles9999 wrote:My understanding is the yearly is 50% of initial fee for all components
Yes, support is 50% yearly of the total of all components.
So in essence, yes you are paying something for that gantt chart option each year.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Bump
Anyone using this successfully ?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL