Since we're talking about Input Masks...

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Since we're talking about Input Masks...

Post by Jaymer »

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 12.42.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 12.42.33 PM.png (33.33 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
I have a field that is used in Email Sending - its for the Reply-To address and is inserted in the Email Header.
So, It has to be a valid Email Address (no spaces, no weird characters).

I want to use the AlphaNumeric Input Mask, as shown in the image.
I only need the user to enter the user name, not the entire address with the "@" sign and domain.
I use a 40-character field, and must have 40 "A"s to specify the Mask (i believe this is the only way to do it).
During Entry it displays like this, which normally isn't annoying when you're doing an Input Mask on a Date (ie. "__/__/__"), but the long line of Mask characters stays there - and it looks odd to the user, like "Are those characters going to really be there after my name".
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 1.33.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 1.33.08 PM.png (28.14 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
I like this "Mask" feature because it instantly gives the user feedback if they try and enter an Invalid character.
I just wish either I could not actually have to have a Mask character specified (it won't let you leave it blank), or it would remove it after you tab off the field.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL