V6 Attribute Property missing in V8.1 bld 2467

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

V6 Attribute Property missing in V8.1 bld 2467

Post by Jaymer »

In v8.1, if you examine Attributes, and their Properties, you'll see there is no "Save On..." option for a Date Field.
A numeric & text field has "Save form on focus loss"
A YES/NO field & a text field WITH a Choice List, have "Save form on selection change"

I needed to have a Date Picker field in a top content panel of a VP act the same way. I didn't want to change the date and have to click a Refresh button to make the grid in the lower content panel update.

Was talking to Bruce this week and he gave me some JS that had to be there JUST for a Date field. It does a parser.saveForm which can trigger a Refresh on a Grid when a BO is saved. Then I view an app with Tom Ford and he had something that was working and we discovered that v6 DOES IN FACT offer a Save option on a Date Field.

So Tom made a v6 test BSV and imported it into V8. Then added a v8 date field.
Sure enough, the v6 date field MAINTAINED this option and it worked on a form - but the property isn't there on the v8 date field.
An XML export shows the missing "code"

"save on select" is the option imported, but is not choosable in v8.
Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 11.15.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 11.15.32 PM.png (29.54 KiB) Viewed 2761 times
I was able to add this to an exported XML BSV and re-imported it and it worked fine. No way to turn it off without another export/edit/import, but its nice to use this instead of having to resort to JS.
I'm sure Vlad will add this - it was just overlooked and no one has noticed it yet.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL