Business space problems

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
emendez

Business space problems

Post by emendez »

Suddenly our business space refused to go into TEST mode. It displayed the following error in the configuration tool:

Error renaming the table [TABLE-NAME] Table '[TABLE-NAME]' already exists.

Not knowing what to do, we have restored our yesterday backup of the MySQL database and our yesterday backup of the business space. Now the error is this in the console:

Error creating tables Table '[ANOTHER-TABLE-NAME]' already exists
Server encountered an exception
Error creating indexes Duplicate key name 'codigo_I'

And this in the configuration tool:

Error creating indexes Duplicate key name 'codigo_I'

Please help, we are stuck.

Eduardo Méndez.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Probably the easiest way to fix the problem is to publish the version for testing with no initial data. This should re-create all the tables from scratch. You will lose your testing data, though. Is this a problem?
Aware IM Support Team
emendez

Post by emendez »

In fact, THAT is the problem because we have been filling a lot of master tables and such. Any other suggestion?, some kind of manipulation of the database?.

Thanks,

Eduardo Méndez.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Where the error message says that the table already exists delete the table manually at the database level.

Where it says that the index is a duplicate drop the index with the specified name manually at the database level.
Aware IM Support Team
emendez

Post by emendez »

Done the 2 DROPs and Grr. Error with another index:

Error creating indexes Duplicate key name 'descripcion_I'

I went ahead with the "No previous data" option and this is what I got:

Exception changing status of the business space version Aware IM server encountered the following error. Error creating indexes Duplicate key name 'codigo_I'

I have to say that codigo means code and descripcion means description so those properties exist in all of the BO's. It seems like if Aware IM is incorrectly generating the index names not having into account the table names.

Eduardo.
emendez

Post by emendez »

I have just realized that these messages are in the console:

Error creating tables Table '[Table-name]' already exists

for several (~15) but not all of the tables.

Eduardo.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please don't worry about messages on the console - they are not important. The problem is in the exception.

Aware IM should take table names and column names into account. What database are you using?
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Actually just looked at the code and there could be a bug in MySQL or SQL Server (not in Derby). Are you using MySQL or SQL Server?

It does appear not to consider the table name for indexes. We'll check it out immediately. If a bug is confirmed we'll issue a patch. In the meantime the workaround could be to use different names for indexed attributes across business objects, so that indexes are created with unique names.
Aware IM Support Team
emendez

Post by emendez »

Yes, MySQL, check my first message.

Until this, it was working perfectly. I don't think it will be an error.

Please, I just want to reset it and start over. Later, I will import the data from my backup table by table. As I said before, putting it in test mode and saying "No previous data" doesn't work.

Regards,

Eduardo Méndez.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I was wrong about the bug - there is no bug and Aware IM does consider table names for MySQL. This problem is a bit of a mystery. Could you send your BSV file to [email protected], so that we can try to reproduce the problem?

In the meantime can you try the following:
1) Export your configuration into a BSV file
2) Delete the entire business space
3) Re-create the business space
4) Import the configuration
5) Publish for testing
Aware IM Support Team