REST as a validation mechanism

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PointsWell

Re: REST as a validation mechanism

Post by PointsWell »

I'm in the depths of getting acquainted with Java using this series of videos. I've found the guy to be relatively clear in a kind of NPR chatty sort of way. If anyone is checking him out ignore the first chapter it (https://caveofprogramming.com, he's also on Udemy and Teachable). It's at the perfect price point of $0.

On a quick skim of the Programmers Reference which I will attack in more depth once I have finished the Java for noobs and have watched the AIM Java plugin video, but it seems that from the example on page 9 that it might be possible to pass in an entity to a plugin. Am wondering if it is possible to either pass in the BO that I am working on and modify it in the plugin (question as to whether it would deal with dynamic change) or alternatively have the rule:

Code: Select all

CREATE tempObject
RUN_PLUGIN_FUNCTION(tempObject, param, param)
realObject.attribute1=tempObject.attribute1 etc etc
Using the tempObject would obviously make everything more reusable, in as much as the tempObject could have everything that the REST API might return which can then be used or ignored as required.

The IExecutionEngine has a method updateEntity that caught my eye. It's a question of context and persistence of the temp BO.