Custom HTML forms for Aware IM 8.2 - need your opinion

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Re: Custom HTML forms for Aware IM 8.2 - need your opinion

Post by Jaymer »

Butt seriously...

If Vlad thinks this is a shortcoming in HIS product, and it will increase value in his product (meaning more sales and more Aware folk), then he certainly has the right to do what he wants.

A lot of replies about watering down, slowing other development, etc. are ONLY speculation.
Those are CONCERNS, but certainly doesn't mean Vlad is going to make a mistake and let those things happen.

He has seen that 50% of the "regular users" on the forum will use it, PLUS many new people who will be drawn into the tool because of that new functionality. Thats good for everyone.

My only real input is related to what I've already stated in some other threads and it would be nice if we had more "public" announcements from Vlad (instead of a lot of us personally having to bother him) about:
1) The conference-discussed 8.2 Update release
2) Easter was the conference - April 1. We're in the 4th month still waiting on a REST fix to try and go into production. Will be bringing a new server on within a month once our last issue is fixed. We integrated GMAIL, Google Calendar, FullContact, Twilio and [almost] MailChimp - but still have REST issues that customers MUST have resolved - so we can't really roll out until its all working. And REST wasn't an ENTIRELY new concept into Aware, and my point is it still is taking 4 months to debug. So how long will a complex NEW revolutionary Pixel Perfect form thingy take to really get working?

Better communication of Vlad to the developer base would go a long way in keeping us informed - a weekly blog would be great.

jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Maybe. I use form tabs and references a lot, so it would only be for the odd form that I might use it for. I like the idea of the option, but would probably only use it if it's not too time-consuming to use. I definitely like the option of making things "prettier" for the client's UI...Kendo's theme options are limiting and I've yet to find one I like.
Andrea
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

I agree. Better themes or a way to easily edit themes through AIM to make things look nicer.
weblike

Post by weblike »

Jaymer wrote:Butt seriously...

My only real input is related to what I've already stated in some other threads and it would be nice if we had more "public" announcements from Vlad (instead of a lot of us personally having to bother him) about:
1) The conference-discussed 8.2 Update release
2) Easter was the conference - April 1. We're in the 4th month still waiting on a REST fix to try and go into production. Will be bringing a new server on within a month once our last issue is fixed. We integrated GMAIL, Google Calendar, FullContact, Twilio and [almost] MailChimp - but still have REST issues that customers MUST have resolved - so we can't really roll out until its all working. And REST wasn't an ENTIRELY new concept into Aware, and my point is it still is taking 4 months to debug. So how long will a complex NEW revolutionary Pixel Perfect form thingy take to really get working?

Better communication of Vlad to the developer base would go a long way in keeping us informed - a weekly blog would be great.

jaymer...
+1
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
PBS

Post by PBS »

My vote is to encourage the development. It is the right direction for the product.

Taking the first steps into this area will provide the Aware IM team with head space for the task ahead of them.

There were two options presented. My vote goes to #2 with the ability to hook the html to reference objects. I think any less (the #1 plan limits linkage to text, number, date, and timestamp) will just be too limiting.

I am presuming that the update rules and save/cancel processes will work at least as well as already exists.

Ideally also both the native and html forms can live together on the same BO in manner as now where there can be separate forms for different views of the BO. This would (again ideally) allow development of the business rules/code for the BO in native and then switch the VP to the html version of the form for check that all that is reflected in the flashy version.
www.purposebuilt.com.au
Developers of Enterprise Mobile and Desktop applications.
BLOMASKY

I am missing the comments on "Future Drain"

Post by BLOMASKY »

If I understand the proposal correctly, then this is a one up program. Not integrating to an existing tool, (like Pinegrow) that would have to be updated when Pinegrow changes, but the ability to IMPORT an HTML file and create a form from it. Use any tool you want. Use notepad and write your HTML! Once done, its DONE. (sort of like ASCII Imports).

That is, unless I do NOT understand the proposal!

Bruce
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

If I understand the proposal correctly, then this is a one up program..
You do understand the proposal correctly. Once done it's unlikely to require further development - it's basically being able to import any HTML for Aware IM forms. How you create this HTML - in a Notepad or using PineGrow - doesn't really matter.
Aware IM Support Team
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

Would I use it? ... maybe.

Are there other features and/or fixes that are higher priority to me?... definitely.

I absolutely applaud the desire to get community feedback. At the same, the introduction and focus on this particular feature is unexpected. If there was visibility into where other feature requests and/or bug fixes sit in the queue, we'd be able to provide more "informed" feedback.
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t