Realtime field calculation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ckirnbauer

Realtime field calculation

Post by ckirnbauer »

Hello,

I have some points of interest and would like to know if they are coverey by AwareIM:

1. I have a field "price" and a field "tax". Is it possible, that if I change field price, that tax is automatically calculated after leaving field price? In the demos, calculation is only done after saving the object. Realtime calculation would be very important, because it increases the user acceptance and user convenience.

2. Is there the possibilty of an auto increment field (alphanumeric) in the format AB-001, AB-002, etc.?

3. Is field-encryption for sensitive information (e.g. bank account number) supported?

Kind regards,
Christian
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1. I have a field "price" and a field "tax". Is it possible, that if I change field price, that tax is automatically calculated after leaving field price? In the demos, calculation is only done after saving the object. Realtime calculation would be very important, because it increases the user acceptance and user convenience.

This will be supported in version 2.1 which is coming out within a week or two

2. Is there the possibilty of an auto increment field (alphanumeric) in the format AB-001, AB-002, etc.?

You would have to increment it using functions in rules - CHARS_FROM_LEFT to get a substring, AS_NUMBER to convert the substring to number etc. Alternatively you can store a separate field with numeric value, but output the string consisting of 'AB-' + value

3. Is field-encryption for sensitive information (e.g. bank account number) supported?

You can use Aware IM with SSL to protect and encrypt sensitive information.
Aware IM Support Team