This KENDO app deserves a look

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

This KENDO app deserves a look

Post by Jaymer »

I was looking for an example of something and this website popped up. At first glance I noticed a Kendo grid and then discovered this awesome walkthrough of their product.

This shows some AWESOME use of the Kendo toolkit... things we can't do in Aware... but hopefully in the future.

https://www.jobnimbus.com/demo/
(not the 4 videos on this page, but scroll down 1 screen to "See it in Action")

Examples include:
awesome calendar usage
a mutli-select combo thingy (assign a contact to a lead)
user defined/custom Queries
drag & drop visual job boards
(he's a good salesman cause he points out a lot of built-in Kendo features like they're a custom part of his app)

Hope this provides some inspiration to us for look and feel of our Aware apps.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BenHayat

Re: This KENDO app deserves a look

Post by BenHayat »

Very nicely done. And don't forget, this video was made Dec. 21st of 2015. Imagine how much nicer it looks with the latest Kendo UI R2 2018.

One thing that threw me off, was that, the mobile seemed to store all the data locally and at some point to sync back to the server. Or when you start Mobile, you have to sync to get data in.

Syncing can turn into a nightmare for client when data integrity goes out the window. But that app must have taken a large team to build it.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

What makes you say that you cannot do this in Aware IM?

With some custom styling and custom HTML you can.
Aware IM Support Team
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

I would really like to see an example of that custom styling and html that you mention.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Yeah, this and better is already possible in Aware BUT does require quite a lot of custom styling and tinkering. I have various projects I have done that UI wise far surpass this app. I can´t talk about the functionality i.e things like potential custom calendar, dropdown, third-party integrations etc. etc. but UI wise no biggie (I have though done some quite advanced stuff in some apps as well and most things can be done I would say) BUT again if you want to have real nice UI and advanced functionality, it takes TIME, TIME many don´t want to spend when using a RAD platform like AwareIM. Here are a couple of example images of things I´ve done, I can´t share all things I´ve done unfortunately out of confidentiality reasons but this showcase quite a lot of things:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8pu8jajjc3gk ... UBAwa?dl=0

NB: Please note, I will not answer to direct questions about how I did this and that and not being a douche, I just have a lot on my plate as always but you can contact me via PM on the forum if you want further contact with me. Another thing, please don´t use these images in any showcase of your own of AwareIM things without asking me first. Thanks in advance
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

I would really like to see an example of that custom styling and html that you mention.
An example is in the Sales Portal sample application and to a lesser degree in the Issue Resolution application.

These two apps use quite a bit of custom styling, CSS and HTML
Aware IM Support Team
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

Thanks.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Its less than 2 years since I posted this - and I'm still amazed at this app.
FYI

Surprising that this was recorded way back in 2015 - And now I've done more aware mobile (one of the videos in the group of 4 at the top) stuff and still can't get my app to be that nice.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL