Feature Request: Modeless Window Tray/Taskbar or Similar

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Gabbitas

Feature Request: Modeless Window Tray/Taskbar or Similar

Post by Gabbitas »

Hi Support,

I really like the modeless windows available in the latest versions as it allows the user to work on multiple open forms at the same time and at any point they can minimise the window nip off to do something else and come back again to where they were. The bit I don't find very intuitive is when a modeless window is minimised it leaves the form header in the middle of the screen. The minimised window (form header) can be moved around the screen and can usually be pushed to the top or the bottom of the screen to 'get it out of the way' but when there are multiple minimised windows things get all a bit messy.

I would love to see minimised windows end up on the status bar (or somewhere else) as a pop up list that the user can go to and pick which window to re-open to continue working. Something very similar to the windows task bar.

I hope this makes sense and you and other users would consider this as a valid and viable improvement to AwareIM.

Whilst we are on the subject of modeless windows... why when a window is maximised does it NOT stretch fully to the bottom of the screen? It does seem to make it full width but not full height?

Many Thanks