Version 8.1

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Version 8.1

Post by aware_support »

Dear Aware IM Customers,

this is your chance to influence the contents of version 8.1 which will be released next year. So far the following features have been confirmed and will definitely make it in 8.1 (see below). If you want us to include other features please reply to this thread. But please be aware that we DO NOT guarantee that your request will be fulfilled - we only guarantee that it will be considered :) .

So here are the confirmed features of 8.1 (many of these features will be explained and shown at the Aware IM Conference in April)

1. Consuming REST services
2. Integration of the latest Jasper Reports library with the following new features in the Report Designer:
a) Ability to insert "page break" anywhere in the report
b) Ability to define "table elements" (in many cases these can replace sub-reports)
c) Ability to specify borders for text and images
d) Ability to rotate text
e) Support for element "transparency"
f) Support for "position type"
g) Support for text indentation
h) Ability to handle text in the HTML format
3. Ability to edit documents using Office Online (in addition to Zoho editing)
4. Integration with the latest Kendo UI library
5. Ability to insert the calendar widget into a visual perspective (along with Google maps, input controls and buttons)
6. Ability to enter dates using a special "Date Input" widget - see Kendo UI
7. Dynamic visibility of pager for grids - display it only when necessary
8. Support for allowed extensions, max. file size when uploading documents
9. Integration with the Kendo UI spreadsheet widget with the ability to resolve tags and write the results of the spreadsheet calculations into the database
10. Ability to store Picture attributes in the file system
11. Support for "auto-calculated" columns in queries - define calculation directly in the query without having to define the corresponding attribute
12. An option not to delete an email from the server when an email is fetched by Aware IM
13 . Ability to search "advanced" contents of a BSV - scripts, HTML cells, HTML snippets
14. Ability to specify a transaction isolation level for a process
15. New actions of the Rule Language:
a) EXEC_STRING (execute a "dynamic" string - interpret string contents as action of the Rule Language)
b) COMMIT TRANSACTION - explicitly commit a database transaction
c) LOG - write any arbitrary string into the rule log
d) LOG CONTEXT - write the current Context into the rule log
16. New function EVAL_STRING - evaluate a dynamic string
17. Ability to specify form section in ENTER NEW, EDIT and VIEW actions
18. Support for "Last Modified" date of a BSV
19. Support for single reference attributes when editing appointments using a built-in pop-up editor
Aware IM Support Team
customaware

Re: Version 8.1

Post by customaware »

Looks like the Kitchen Sink is not going to make it. ;-)

Good job Awaresoft!!.
Cheers,
Mark
intra

Post by intra »

Hi Vladimir,

Would it be possible to allow sub processes the ability to process records in an ordered structure based off the calling parent process?

I know we can use "IN BATCHES OF 1" , however the process is quite slow.

Example:

Process A
+ Process B

Process A : FIND ALL IN BO ORDER BY BO.ORDER ASC

Process B : <Do stuff based off the ordered list>
Avid Linux user....
tford

Post by tford »

Wow! Quite an impressive and useful list!

Any chance of adding Pivot Grid support?
https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/pivotgrid/index

Can you provide some details about this one:
14. Ability to specify a transaction isolation level for a process
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

Vlad - Thanks for the update!

Please elaborate on the specific functionality included/excluded with "Consuming REST services"
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Very Nice!
Please elaborate on the REST consumption, how far can we go with it and does it still require plugin at some point?
EXEC_STRING (execute a "dynamic" string - interpret string contents as action of the Rule Language)
in 15-a, can this string get stored in DB and then later on use as a rule engine?
For example, I can offer some options to user, and upon their selection, I can create the string in DB and use it later.
Is there any syntax check feature for this string?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Transaction isolation levels - this is quite an advanced feature. See this article for details:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation ... e_systems)

REST consumption - how far you can go without a plugin depends on whether the service supports authentication using OAuth (1.0 or 2.0). We are currently thinking of whether to make an effort to automate OAuth support (this can be quite a big job and it may not always be possible to automate it completely).

EXEC_STRING - answer to all questions is "yes".

Pivot Grid - very unlikely to make it. Too hard.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:
REST consumption - how far you can go without a plugin depends on whether the service supports authentication using OAuth (1.0 or 2.0). We are currently thinking of whether to make an effort to automate OAuth support (this can be quite a big job and it may not always be possible to automate it completely).
Most of the basic and public services, i.e. getting weather data and etc. don't require any authentication.
But any company who exposes it's data via REST, requires Authentication, most likely OAuth 2.x. If Aware's apps can't get through the exposed service authentication, then the whole effort of REST consumption development will be not be utilized fully.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote: 8. Support for allowed extensions, max. file size when uploading documents
Will this work when uploading images to the filesystem (New feature)?

For example, if I try to upload an image in FB Messenger that is larger than 25MB, the "Client" side immediately gives me error message to prevent a large file upload.
Are we getting similar feature?

kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I would like the ability to execute a process via a queue. For example, if we have a significant process that consumes a lot of resources, we could limit it to one at a time via the queue. This is good and necessary when you have a lot of users and one or more processes that are known resource hogs. I've seen this on other systems. I use a CRM tool and every time I get a download, it puts it in some kind of queue and emails me when done, which is usually just a few seconds but it's clear the developer is managing this process so the system does not have to respond to a lot of the same requests simultaneously which would be a performance issue. As far as I'm concerned, the queue could continually process whatever is in it, just one process at a time.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

kklosson wrote:I would like the ability to execute a process via a queue.
Allowing to queue processes is a great feature to have. I tried to do it in Scheduling system by trying space out processes, but I much rather have a queue system.
1+
customaware

Post by customaware »

1:

Being able to add comment lines in Processes and Rules

//This is s comment...... And the Developer should be able to set the colour

2:

Also in the Attributes table ....

Have aware highlight significant attributes in different colours or a small icon next to them...

Owns Single
Owns Many
Owned By
Peer Many
Peer Single
ShortCut

The developer can set the colours they want to use for each of these in the Control Panel properties

3:
Display another column in the attributes table with the Attribute size. ie Text Length, Number format, date format...
I know you can see it in the Properties for each attribute but you need to park on each one to see it.
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

For example, if I try to upload an image in FB Messenger that is larger than 25MB, the "Client" side immediately gives me error message to prevent a large file upload.
Are we getting similar feature?
Yes

Process queue request: a process cannot execute one at a time - this is a terrible waste of system resources. But you can make a process "long" - in which case it will start executing on the background after some time and the user can continue working on something else. There is a setting in process properties for this.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

eagles9999 wrote: 3:
Display another column in the attributes table with the Attribute size. ie Text Length, Number format, date format...
I know you can see it in the Properties for each attribute but you need to park on each one to see it.
I would be even better, if we could select what properties (like Name, description, size) we could choose those properties than being static by Aware. Aware can give us a popup in the IDE, that we can define these and will show as the columns of that table.
tford

Post by tford »

Process queue request: a process cannot execute one at a time - this is a terrible waste of system resources. But you can make a process "long" - in which case it will start executing on the background after some time and the user can continue working on something else. There is a setting in process properties for this.
One challenge with this, Vladimir, is when a series of processes uses "IN BATCHES OF 1" and multiple processes are called. I usually can't get the system to trigger this type of process to go into the background no matter what setting I use.

It would be very helpful to have a checkbox for "Always run in background". Another idea would be to allow this to be controlled by new rule syntax where you could call a process and specify IN BACKGROUND.

Thanks!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres