CSS Formating Query

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Ewanm

CSS Formating Query

Post by Ewanm »

I am using a couple of forms to display data using html rather than using an attribute as I want the data to be Read Only. I have used Type html to display and format my data in the form cell (see below):

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<div style=" border: solid 1px lightgray;
border-radius: 5px;
PADDING: 8px 12px;
width: 600px;
BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;
height: 16px;
TEXT-ALIGN: left; ">
<body>
<<Tickets.ClientName>>
</body>
</html>
</div>

My question is, when I use this method, the data is display correctly in the format I want but the Label is positioned way too high on the form out of alignment with the displayed data. Is there a better way to display the data as read only in the same format as say a normal text attribute and have the Label aligned with the displayed data.
himanshu

Re: CSS Formating Query

Post by himanshu »

Try to put below code into the html box..
border-radius: 5px; PADDING: 8px 12px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;
height: 16px; TEXT-ALIGN: left; "><<Tickets.ClientName>> </div>
Just enable the Label property from the property window.

Let know if that works for you.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

1) your HTML is malformed
2) FYI _ I've never needed to put
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>

inside my html fields.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Ewanm

Post by Ewanm »

border-radius: 5px; PADDING: 8px 12px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;
height: 16px; TEXT-ALIGN: left; "><<Tickets.ClientName>> </div>
Thanks, I have used that format above and get the same results except for the field length. The label property is enabled but I get the label set too high for the field. See below:

The centre of the label and the field do not line up.
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

Have one more try... it should fix your issue and play with css to make adjustable according to you.
<span style=" border: solid 1px lightgray;
border-radius: 5px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white;
TEXT-ALIGN: left; padding:2px; "><<Tickets.ClientName>></span>

Cheers
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
Ewanm

Post by Ewanm »

Hi there,

That sorted the alignment problem. Thanks.

I know this is not the correct place to bring up another problem but as you will see below, the cells are overlapping and I am struggling how to change that. I have tried using margins etc in the CSS code but have not had any success. Can you advise.

Ewanm

Post by Ewanm »

I have tried margin-top in the CSS above and this appears to have no effect. If I use margin-left, the cell contents move to the right of the form as expected but nothing happens with Margin-top or margin-bottom.

Code: Select all

<span style=" border: solid 1px lightgray; border-radius: 5px; margin-top: 50px; PADDING: 8px 12px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; height: 14px; TEXT-ALIGN: left; "><<Tickets.AssignedEngineer>> </span>
pureist

Post by pureist »

It's a really worthwhile time investment spending a day learning the basics/fundamentals of CSS/HTML:

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_blocks.asp

Top and bottom Margin and Padding has no effect for Inline elements, only Block elements.

If not already done you should also remove the <body element which is also not needed, along with the <doctype and <html elements previously mentioned.

Span is an Inline element. You can change it to be an inline block element by incorporating 'display: inline-block;'.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I’m surprised no one has mentioned this, and I wanted to but I was sure it would come out.
It seems like you’re doing a lot of work to use HTML to make the screen look exactly the way AIM was gonna make the screen look anyway.
All for the sake of it being read-only?
So the READ PROTECT command would be useful, as well as the NO EDIT option (if I remember correctly) to view a form.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL