5.3 released

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I installed 5.3 into a second folder and the hover feature starting working and now it works in the primary folder too so it must have been a cache issue as suggested.
Many thanks,
Pete
Pete Bradstreet
Contract developer of commercialized applications

AwareIM Ver. 8.2
ab042

Post by ab042 »

SUPPORT: Are you saying that ANY user needs to CLEAR BROWSER cache to pickup features in the new version of AwareIM?

If so this is CRAZY to request or expect production users to do this. Don't we have another solution???

I understand if they didn't exit the browser while we updated from the old to new version etc but not sure I'm clear on your suggestion.

Please advise. Thanks

============================================
Support Wrote:
Pete, have you cleared the cache of your browser?

Everyone, please do not forget to refresh the browser and/or clear the browser cache after an update to the new version. The browser needs to pick up the changes in Javascript. It will be using the cached version if you don't clear it and most new features will not work.
ninap

clear cache

Post by ninap »

normal process for testing i would assume.

for production and many users you can attempt some frontend changes to the login which could clear cache

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1922 ... lear-cache
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, users need to refresh the browser as well - there is no other way. If you update the software users need to get this update. You can display a message to the users in your app to do this or try other solutions suggested here.

BUT the JS file MUST BE UPDATED in the browser. There is no way around it.
Aware IM Support Team
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

SOAP video tutorial would be very useful, How to send and get info.
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL