Lookup does not return reference object after doing search

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Lookup does not return reference object after doing search

Post by Jhstephenson »

This is another of those 'I hope this makes sense' things...

I have a master file that contains allowed activity types for an Activity BO. The Activity Type is setup as a reference field in the Activities BO.

I have an 'Add New Reference' operation on a form for creating activity records.

When entering a new activity and I know I will be creating a new activity type I click on the ‘+’ sign and add the new type and it returns it just fine when I click on the ‘Create’ button.

However, if I do a search for the activity type in the drop down box realize that the activity I want is not there and then click on the ‘+’ and add the record; When I click on ‘Create’ it does not return the new Activity Type. It just leaves it blank. In order to get the new activity type I have to do another search, find it, and then select it.

Why doesn’t the Add New Reference operation return the new record after I do a search?
nhofkes

Re: Lookup does not return reference object after doing search

Post by nhofkes »

When entering a new activity and I know I will be creating a new activity type I click on the ‘+’ sign and add the new type and it returns it just fine when I click on the ‘Create’ button.
Do you mean that you create this new activity type separately from the form of the Activity BO? (i.e. the '+' sign that you mention is not an operation on the Activity BO - perhaps it is on the form of the Activity Type BO)
However, if I do a search for the activity type in the drop down box realize that the activity I want is not there and then click on the ‘+’ and add the record
Is this a drop down box on the form of the Activity BO? I.e. a reference from the Activity to the Activity Type displayed by way of a combobox? and when you say "the activity I want is not there" you probably mean the activity type is not there?
It seems that in the second scenario you create the new activity type from the form of the activity BO. The same form also has the drop down box to the activity type. I expect that the drop down box is filled upon creation of the new form and if you then add a new activity type the data set for the drop down box is not automatically refreshed, so you are working with the same list of activity types as before even though you created a new type.

If my assumption is correct, then perhaps it can be resolved by refreshing the form.
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)