Link to AwareIM Operation not returning to the tab

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Link to AwareIM Operation not returning to the tab

Post by tford »

I'm using an HTML cell on a form of custom filters to run a process to reset the filters. The link works, but it returns to the first tab on the left of the VP while this link is on a different tab.

<div style="background: #ffff00;"><a href="#" onclick="AwareApp.startProcess ('Filters_Clear','main')" title="Set filters to: All" ><<LoggedInRegularUser.Chosen_Clear_Filters>></a></div>

I have a feeling the answer involves AwareApp.getPanelId but I don't understand how (or even if that's the answer).

Thanks!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
nhofkes

Re: Link to AwareIM Operation not returning to the tab

Post by nhofkes »

Tom,
I came across this post. Did you receive an answer?
It seems that your StartProcess call directs the output to the main page instead of the specific tab that you are on. From page 462 of the User Manual:
Many of these functions use “renderOption” parameter. This parameter indicates where the output of the function will be directed. Possible values are:
  • ‘main’
Output will be displayed in the main page replacing the current contents
(...)
  • AwareApp.getPanelId(frameType, tabName, panelName)
Use this function to send the output of the operation to the specified panel of the specified tab in the specified frame, for example:
AwareApp.getPanelId (‘main’, ‘MyTab’, ‘MyPanel’)
Therefore, I'd think that if you know the name of the Tab and the name of the content panel, in your startProcess call you should replace 'main' by AwareApp.getPanelId (‘main’, ‘MyTab’, ‘MyPanel’)
where you specify the tab name and the content panel name for the 2nd and 3rd parameter.

I found that if you don't know the name of the tab, you can get the active tab with the function AwareApp.getCurrentTabPanelId().
However, if the tab has content panels, I have not yet discovered how I can dynamically obtain the names or IDs of those content panels. It seems that there is no built-in function to get those, at least I could not find it in the awareApp.js file.

Niels
Niels
(V9.0 build 3241 - MariaDB - Windows)
aware_support

Re: Link to AwareIM Operation not returning to the tab

Post by aware_support »

Niels, your analysis is correct.
Aware IM Support Team