display a form to the user when running a query behavior

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

display a form to the user when running a query behavior

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

Specifies whether Aware IM will display a form to the user when running a query, so that the user can specify search criteria using this form.-This is a setting in query.

Now problem with this form is I need this form always displayed on top of the query. Right now behavior of this form when I run a query via process is it first displays this search form and then it displays actual query after search is done. What user actually needs is search form always displays on top of query to search and filter the query.

User requirement-
On top of query there needs to be filter form that always shows up and allows user to filter dates, other dropdowns and when user clicks on filter button on same filter form query needs to be filtered.
This just does not work right now with aware im query. I tried many workarounds(so it works partially) but it does not meet above client requirement. I have seen some innovative workarounds suggested by Tomford, MarkB and others for similar issues but not sure if above filter form for query is possible easily in aware.
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: display a form to the user when running a query behavior

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

My workaround is to put custom html in panel header of query like below-

<b><div id="ownertype"></div><<LoggedInSystemUser.Owners>><div id="ownername"></div></br>Selected Date Range- <div id="daterange"></div><div id="daterange1"></div><div id="reporttype"><<LoggedInSystemUser.ReportType>></div> </b>

and then I use jquery to get the data and redirect user to daterange form to select date, owners, report type etc.

This workaround works fine but its not identical with what user need.
and one important thing is I can not have these as columns inside same grid(grid inbuilt filters). Grid columns are different-the filter columns are part of actual BO but can not be displayed on query lines and user will use filter form on same screen to filter the query records-that is the actual need.

telerik sample-
https://www.telerik.com/clientsfiles/c7 ... 6cae1f20_0