FR: Change "changed by other user" to ON FORM attributes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
hpl123

FR: Change "changed by other user" to ON FORM attributes

Post by hpl123 »

Hi support,
This is a feature request (and posting it here as it´s not a biggie) regarding how the "changed by another user" error works. Currently, and correct me if I´m wrong, this error executes anytime a particular BO instance have been changed "somewhere else" e.g another user, system etc. if I have a form of the same object instance open and/but the attribute that has been updated is ANY attribute i.e it doesn´t matter if I use it or not on the displayed form which doesn´t make sense. If I don´t actually use it on the form, I would rather have it NOT execute this error. I often have various "system" attributes I use for different things and these attributes are never displayed on forms for users and I often run into this error due to system things I do with these system attributes.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

Re: FR: Change "changed by other user" to ON FORM attributes

Post by hpl123 »

Thought about this some more. Data integrity is lost if changes are made to various attributes under a BO so having this rule work as it does makes sense after-all. I still think having options related to this like not showing it if none of the attributes displayed in the form are changed or having a flag to turn these warnings off for some attributes or BO´s would be useful.

Another related thing is, when we get this message, how about having a refresh button directly on the error modal so we can refresh it right away?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)