Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
chris29

Additional Recurrence Pattern in Scheduling for hours/minute

Post by chris29 »

Would be good to have built in an additional Recurrence Pattern in Scheduling for hours/minutes
Version 8.5 - Windows using MySql 8 and SQL Server - 64bit
PointsWell

Re: Make Embedded Forms Work Properly

Post by PointsWell »

PointsWell wrote:At the moment if you have a ps attribute you can either set it to be Combo box, Grid, other stuff, and Form.

Embedding forms like this is fine if you have already created the data. However if you are creating the data there are issues particularly where you have other relationships on that embedded form.

For example, you cannot do cascade filtering (eg If Field A = Company1 then Filter Field B to be employees of Company1)
If you have drop downs then the form resets prior fields when you change the drop down.

At the moment these are only any good for displaying data, which means that there is still a lot of work around that has to be done to capture all of the data in a single form.
This is an And

Be able to embed forms more than one level deep, eg

Top level form showing an embedded form which has embedded form elements on it.

I have a Certificate BO which has numerous dates associated with it. I use appointments for the dates so they are usable on a Calendar.

Eg Certificate has:
osDateIssued which is an owns single relationship to an Appointment BO called CertIssue
osDateExpires which is another owns single relationship to an Appointment BO called CertExpiry

The Appointment BOs have a field TempDate - this is a non mandatory field and the Start and End Times on the Appointment have been set to be non mandatory. This allows me to set them from the Temp Date.

The Appointment BOs have single forms that only show the TempDate (but with the relevant labels of Date Issued and Date Expires)

The Certificate BO now drives the Appointment BOs without any need for temp fields and finding BOs in the event that a date gets changed.

Now... The Certificates get applied to Contracts. I want to embed the Certificate into a Contract form, but because the dates are now once removed from the Certificate I am unable to see the date fields (I can use shortcuts but it makes the editing unweildy).

I would like to be able to embed the Certificate into the Contract form

Contract Contains Certificate Contains CertIssued

At the moment if you try to do this (even just for viewing) the CertIssued and CertExpired forms don't show.
Rennur

Latest version of KendoUI

Post by Rennur »

Latest version of the KendoUI framework.
Current one is now 3 years old and 15 versions behind.
https://www.telerik.com/support/whats-n ... se-history
customaware

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by customaware »

+1 for latest version of KendoUI Framework.
Cheers,
Mark
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Ditto for new Kendo Features. Many new components, updates. That plus a non-persistent session BO would keep me smiling.

Bruce
BLOMASKY

Please stop reformatting Query Text

Post by BLOMASKY »

Please... Pretty Please... Whenever I add an attribute or make ANY change to a BO, all queries get REFORMATTED. This is not a problem with a FIND ALL BO, but some of my queries are a tad more complex and I write them with line breaks and formatted so I can understand what I am doing. After automatic reformatting they look like:

FIND Items WHERE (LoggedInRegularUser.dim1=0 OR LoggedInRegularUser.dim1=Items.dim1) AND (LoggedInRegularUser.dim2=0 OR LoggedInRegularUser.dim2=Items.dim2) AND (LoggedInRegularUser.itemSearch='' OR INDEX_OF(LoggedInRegularUser.itemSearch,Items.internalDescription)>0) AND (LoggedInRegularUser.itemSearch2='' OR INDEX_OF(LoggedInRegularUser.itemSearch2,Items.internalDescription)>0) AND (LoggedInRegularUser.itemSearch3='' OR INDEX_OF(LoggedInRegularUser.itemSearch3,Items.internalDescription)>0) AND (LoggedInRegularUser.product='ALL' OR LoggedInRegularUser.product=Items.productCode) AND (LoggedInRegularUser.stockOnly='No' OR Items.UMAvailable>0 OR Items.UMOpenPO>0) AND (LoggedInRegularUser.pattern='ALL' OR LoggedInRegularUser.pattern=Items.patternCode) AND (LoggedInRegularUser.oldCode='%' OR INDEX_OF(LoggedInRegularUser.oldCode,Items.oldCode)=1) ORDER BY Items.dim1,Items.dim2,Items.internalDescription
customaware

Post by customaware »

1000++++

I would dearly love this to be fixed.

More and more using the Textual View and it is so damn irritating to layout a complex rule so that it can be understood
only to have all that layout trashed every time some small thing has changed.

Please, Please, Please fix this Support.
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Post by tford »

Agree 100% as well.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

Please Fix Enter New to add an option to remove all the buttons at the bottom. Then it becomes much more usable. Because of those buttons, I do not even use it anymore.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

Please Fix Enter New to add an option to remove all the buttons at the bottom. Then it becomes much more usable. Because of those buttons, I do not even use it anymore.
Which buttons? Continue and Cancel? They must be there because the system is running a process, so the process can either continue or be cancelled. If you do not want a process use CREATE and VIEW

About re-formatting - we cannot fix it completely, but I think we can at least reduce the amount of times it occurs.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

About webhooks. It seems to me that you can do it now using the Aware IM REST functionality and exposing services.

But maybe I am missing something here? If so, what am I missing?
Aware IM Support Team
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

About webhooks. It seems to me that you can do it now using the Aware IM REST functionality and exposing services.

If I send a POST request containing a JSON payload to REST URL:

Code: Select all

http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/REST/CRM/WEBHOOK?param1=12345 

How does a service-implementing process in AwareIM:
  1. FIND the BO with query string param1=12345 for CONTEXT
  2. Store or read the JSON payload provided by the third-party. Pref create a non-persisted BO.
  3. Store the request child BO with JSON payload stored in a attribute
  4. System to identify JSON variables such as unique Ids in order to lookup and UPDATE existing or CREATE new records in Aware IM.
E.g. from https://webhook.site
Attachments
Webhook site - Test  process and transform HTTP requests.png
Webhook site - Test process and transform HTTP requests.png (94.46 KiB) Viewed 334148 times
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1) URL parameters - the implementing process needs to take object as input with attribute names equal to parameter names. Values of parameters will be written into the object
2) JSON parsing - will happen automatically. Aware IM will create an object that matches the JSON structure.
Please watch the corresponding video tutorials
Aware IM Support Team
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

1) URL parameters - the implementing process needs to take object as input with attribute names equal to parameter names. Values of parameters will be written into the object

It works, I forgot to specify process input. Parameters are now written in the BO attribute.
2) JSON parsing - will happen automatically. Aware IM will create an object that matches the JSON structure.
Great, it works. The BO must have the attributes that match JSON.
Should be able to use this method to implement webhooks.

The only request is then to also store the whole JSON body in one attribute.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Rennur wrote:
The only request is then to also store the whole JSON body in one attribute.
are you saying that INSTEAD of a radio button to 1)parse the result, or 2)store the result string, you want to do both?
Process the webhook as you just discovered that it works, AND ALSO save the entire JSON result?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL