disabling navigation buttons when "Enter New" is used

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ddumas

disabling navigation buttons when "Enter New" is used

Post by ddumas »

I have a query that displays rows from the Event BO, in the Visual perspective. In the panel operations for that query, I have a button which calls a process to add a new Event, which does an "Enter New", based on that Event BO. The Main forms uses tabs (main tab, and attendees tab). In that form I do not want any other buttons to display on the bottom, below the form, like "Continue" or "Cancel". I do not see a property to disable those.

As an alternative approach I could to a CREATE NEW, and then an EDIT. The problem with that is if the users changes their mind, and does not want to create the Event, they would have to go back and delete it in the query display.

Dave
aware_support

Re: disabling navigation buttons when "Enter New" is used

Post by aware_support »

How will the process continue if you remove a button to continue (and cancel)?
Aware IM Support Team
ddumas

Re: disabling navigation buttons when "Enter New" is used

Post by ddumas »

So, I just want multiple tabs, and to let the users navigate across tabs on their own without a continue and cancel. I was able to do a workaround with a create new, and a message to let users know that they can edit by clicking on the row which used an edit action. When they click on the row for the edit action, there are no continue and cancel buttons. So, if I can get that scenario to work this way with the workaround, I am thinking that enter new should work that way also. Or alternatively an enter new and then an edit, without the user having to click the row to edit.