Bootstrap Cards - anyone using them?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RLJB

Bootstrap Cards - anyone using them?

Post by RLJB »

Has anyone got Bootstrap cards working in Aware?

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/card/

My efforts are failing, would like tips
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
idpSteve

Re: Bootstrap Cards - anyone using them?

Post by idpSteve »

Aware uses bootstrap 3.4.7 iirc, which doesn't have cards (added in bootstrap 4). You can try use panels? They are similar.

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/components/#panels

Otherwise you can include a bootstrap 4 cdn on whichever page you want to use cards on, although this might cause issues with any bootstrap 3 components on your page.
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Ahh ok I get it, thanks (didn't release cards are after our version).

Support - being able to have "Cards" returned in a custom query would be sweet. I know we can use custom HTML, but I must admit every time we attempt a "tile" look with a custom query it never looks great especially when trying to get responsive working.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong if someone wants to provide some custom html for tiles that look awesome.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
idpSteve

Post by idpSteve »

Perhaps have a look at material.io? They have some nice looking cards, and are a good alternative to bootstrap I think. Also there shouldn't be conflicts with class names with bootstrap 3 in Aware as far as I've experienced.. Let me know if you need some help!
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

RLJB

I know this isn't a v4 bootstrap card, but you said you were having trouble with a responsive Custom Query... so here is a working example.
Create a CRM Sample App, and then import this BSV over it.
It will create data as usual when run the 1st time.
There's a new Button at the top next to the Logo.
AND replace the default crm.css with the included one.

jaymer...
Attachments
RLJB_CRM.zip
(237.51 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Any luck using Bootstrap 4 ?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
swiftinitpvtltd

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

RLJB wrote:Has anyone got Bootstrap cards working in Aware?

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/card/

My efforts are failing, would like tips
Hi Rob,

I think you can override aware IM things when needed on client side as aware IM provides HTML boxes. You can then use any js framework or bootstrap once referenced correctly locally.
Infact same applies to all kendogrids/all kendo controls and you can bend it using kendo skills. I have created dashboards and admin panels using bootstrap frameworkss/other frameworks in my previous aware IM projects. For this strong js/css/html skills are needed though.