Conditional Button Title in Operations with Records

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Conditional Button Title in Operations with Records

Post by Jhstephenson »

Is it possible to make the text/title of a button that appears on a grid in Operations with Records conditional?

I have a grid that shows "Update" on a button if the attribute 'RecordUpdated' is 'No'.

If the attribute has 'Yes' for the value I want it to show 'View' for the button title. It seems like that should be relatively easy, but I cannot get the grid to operate that way.

Thanks,
Jim
PointsWell

Re: Conditional Button Title in Operations with Records

Post by PointsWell »

Jhstephenson wrote:Is it possible to make the text/title of a button that appears on a grid in Operations with Records conditional?

I have a grid that shows "Update" on a button if the attribute 'RecordUpdated' is 'No'.

If the attribute has 'Yes' for the value I want it to show 'View' for the button title. It seems like that should be relatively easy, but I cannot get the grid to operate that way.

Thanks,
Jim
I don't think you can do that. I would make two buttons and change the applicability options to show View when updated = 'yes' and Update when updated<>'yes' (nulls will cause unexpected results)
tford

Post by tford »

Hi Jim,

John may know how to do that.

I'm sure you're aware that you could also have two operations defined and based on your conditions only have the appropriate one appear.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

PointsWell and Tford.

I know I could just make another choice and condition them, but then they would appear in two columns. This needs to appear in the same column.

Unless I am missing a way to have two different operations in the same column?