This n That

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PointsWell

This n That

Post by PointsWell »

I am having a conceptual problem with This and That, specifically I can't get my head around which is which.

I have a Contact record that I need to be able to show the corporate group structure from any Contact record.

Code: Select all

Head
⊦ Level 2
  ⊦ Level 3
    ⊦ Level 4 
In order to get this to show in the appropriate place I am capturing two fields:
psParent
psGroupHead

If a psParent changes to another group then I need to filter that to all of the pmSubsidiaries.

My plan was to run a process passing the Contact being edited then
FIND Contacts WHERE Contacts.psParent=The Contact being edited.

Is the Contact being edited ThisContact or ThatContact?

When the FIND completes I will have a mixture of Contacts where Contact.psParent=the edited Contact. How do I refer to them?

I am trying to keep things out of the LoggedInRegularUser as I have quite heavy (wide) BOs and I am already using this a lot.

ps This and That are impossible to search in here...
tford

Re: This n That

Post by tford »

My plan was to run a process passing the Contact being edited then
FIND Contacts WHERE Contacts.psParent=The Contact being edited.

Is the Contact being edited ThisContact or ThatContact?
Since you are editing ONE contact, you do not need This or That in your FIND
When the FIND completes I will have a mixture of Contacts where Contact.psParent=the edited Contact. How do I refer to them?
It's not clear from your description how many you expect to return and what you intend to do with them after they are found.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
PointsWell

Re: This n That

Post by PointsWell »

tford wrote:
It's not clear from your description how many you expect to return and what you intend to do with them after they are found.
I expect to have found at least one Contact where Contact.psParent =the initial Contact plus the initial Contact