Anyone is using Node.js to extend/expand AwareIM?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

Anyone is using Node.js to extend/expand AwareIM?

Post by BenHayat »

The world of Information Technology changes so rapidly, and if you don't keep up, you get obsolete so fast that would cause a big head spin... :(
So, what's the solution? ADOPTION !

Having said that, seems like Node.js (with other surrounding frameworks like Express.js) are being adopted and used by so many companies, products and platforms. So, it's a no brainier to learn it and see if it fits into our life (IT Life).

Us being on this forum, means we are die-heart Aware developers, so I'm sure I'm talking to the right audience. And I've seen some comments, here and there mentioning Node.js and Aware in the same sentence.

My question is, who is using Node.js to extend and/or expand the functionality of AwareIM? In what ways, can these two products get united?

Would love to have some meaningful and on-track discussions.
..Ben
Jaymer

Re: Anyone is using Node.js to extend/expand AwareIM?

Post by Jaymer »

I don't know about "united", more Node.js with MSSQL, vs. Aware.
I'm receiving webhooks to update Open/Clicked/Bounced email status bytes, thanks to Bruce.
Node.js analyzes a JSON packet, and strips out a MSSQL record ID (sent from Aware as meta-data) then updates it.
Aware screen:
Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 9.38.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 9.38.34 PM.png (25.28 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

I am using Node (with Express) to enhance reporting with Aware. I use it to:
Email Reports
Send reports to OS Files

Bruce
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Am using Bandwidth for SMS messaging.
SENDING: w.r.t SMS, I don't much care about actual delivery receipt info, so I have my alert level set to "error" when sending. If a msg isn't delivered, I'll get a JSON msg at my Node.js server. Am not processing this yet except to reply with a 200 - OK

INCOMING SMS: When someone sends a msg to one of the Users' phone #s setup in bandwidth, that ReceiveSMS application calls my Node.js server and is processed. An incoming packet looks like this:

Code: Select all

{ messageId: 'm-echiany4pxxsa',
  eventType: 'sms',
  text: 'Yes i got it',
  time: '2018-12-19T04:21:44Z',
  to: '+19163470000',
  state: 'received',
  messageUri:
   'https://api.catapult.inetwork.com/v1/users/u-a6gzr3i6avrrq/messages/m-echiajzny4pxxsa',
  applicationId: 'a-je3pu3kw2zsrafifey',
  direction: 'in' }
I'm using info from there to make this URL call to Aware:
https://mysite.com/R3/logonOp.aw?domain ... on=inbound

which logs in to Aware, creates the SMS incoming record MessageLog, where a Rule:
IF MessageLOG IS NEW THEN "do stuff"
processes it and links it to the senders account.
It also looks up the recipient (the user) and forwards a SMS msg to a phone if desired.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL