V8 Is Coming....

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
customaware

V8 Is Coming....

Post by customaware »

Cheers,
Mark
rbross

Re: V8 Is Coming....

Post by rbross »

NICE!
:D
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

:D
rob_h7

Post by rob_h7 »

:shock:
*heavy breathing*
Rob . Aware 8.4 (build 2718), Developer Edition, using Linux, MYSQL
4xjbh

Post by 4xjbh »

. . . . .and so am I!
Regards, James

AwareIM 7.1 on AWS - Beware I'm a AwareIM noob. Anything I help you with might make the hole your in deeper.
intra

Post by intra »

Cant wait!
Avid Linux user....
weblike

Post by weblike »

Thx Mark for updating us.....
3. New Report Designer (or maybe integrated Jasper)
Can we vote for this?
I vote for integrated Jasper
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Holy cow!!! GREAT stuff :D
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
customaware

Post by customaware »

weblike wrote:Thx Mark for updating us.....
3. New Report Designer (or maybe integrated Jasper)
Can we vote for this?
I vote for integrated Jasper
I would vote for Jasper also but only if there is a way to display an Aware Picture Attribute on a Jasper Report. I am sure it must be doable but I have pulled my hair out trying to no avail.
Cheers,
Mark
rbross

Post by rbross »

eagles9999 wrote: I would vote for Jasper also but only if there is a way to display an Aware Picture Attribute on a Jasper Report. I am sure it must be doable but I have pulled my hair out trying to no avail.
Mark ask BruceL, I'm sure he knows how to do it?
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
customaware

Post by customaware »

Already asked b4
Cheers,
Mark
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

WISYWIG form editor - the principles are the same as before but you will work using the live form rather than an abstract layout and see the changes immediately
Mark, currently we design our form based on an abstract model, where aware at runtime figures out (responsive layout) according to screen size and situation. So, we do not do any static wisywig design at design time.

In V8, are you saying that at design time we can actually design/place UI components on the form in Wisywig mode (move around by grabbing & moving) and design the form?
Or are you saying, we still design in abstract mode (like now) but Aware can shows us in a window (read only) how it looks like, but we make changes in abstract mode and not wisywig mode like the following?

aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

In V8, are you saying that at design time we can actually design/place UI components on the form in Wisywig mode (move around by grabbing & moving) and design the form?
Or are you saying, we still design in abstract mode (like now) but Aware can shows us in a window (read only) how it looks like, but we make changes in abstract mode and not wisywig mode like the following?
The idea is this (whether it's implementable is another story). You will have a form displayed in the Config. Tool almost full screen. You will have a toolbox with operations that you can do - for example, insert attribute(s), rows, columns, separators, etc (like now). The result will be immediately shown on the form. In addition you will be able to select individual cells and columns by clicking on the form elements directly. The properties of the selected cell or column will be displayed in the Properties window. You will be able to change these properties (for example, width, alignment etc) and you will see the results immediately on the form.

So the principles are still the same, but you see the form at all times, and you can select cells and columns directly on the form. This method is highly compatible with existing forms but provides much better visual feedback.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

I love that as an almost 10 year user of AwareIM that the new config tool will be very, very similar in the primary concepts and structure while implementing LOTS of great new capabilities. It sure looks like there won't be a lot that we old dogs will have to "un-learn" while getting up to speed in the new tool.

VERY EXCITING!!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote: So the principles are still the same, but you see the form at all times, and you can select cells and columns directly on the form. This method is highly compatible with existing forms but provides much better visual feedback.
Perfectly said!!! This approach is somewhere between the existing system and a full fledged wysiwyg drag&drop system which can cause other issues related to responsive design. This is perfectly great approach because we let aware do the thinking and position calculation and yet see the results fast enough that will save an enormous time.

Thank support for your well thought reply.