If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Re: ►vNext◄ Proposals [Updated]

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

One other major thing that I think is needed (Performance wise) is the ability to update multiple Attributes simultaneously from a process. Let me explain... When you do a Create or Enter new... All the rules for the attributes are evaluated once when the object are created.
However, when you do an update you have to update the Attributes 1 by one and then Aware Evaluates the rules of the object after each update. This can be very performance intensive if you have lot's of rules and lots of attributes you are updating.
We need the ability to do a UPDATE SET Attr=1, Attr2=TEXT, Attr3=Yes, Attr4=500
Instead of doing them one by one and triggering the same rules 4 times.
Hope that makes sense. :-)
Please check out the SET action. It does exactly that. It helps to read a manual sometimes :D
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Last edited by BenHayat on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RentProperty

Post by RentProperty »

But, how do you use SET when trying to assign an Object attribute to another Object attribute and not from a string?
Exactly my question. My first instinct was to try the SET action but as Ben says... it seems like you can only update an object using a string. Building native apps, we have tons of scenarios where we need to do an update from the object being Posted to the actual database object.
Please advise then How I would for instance do:
Defect.Area=POST_Defect.Area
Defect.Name= POST_Defet.Name
Defect.Description =POST_Defect.Description
Defect.Action= POST_Defet.Action

using SET?

Apologies... I realize I my example might have made it look like that is I'm trying to set it from a string. But actually I almost never do updates like that. it's 99% from other objects.
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)